• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any thoughts on why Andre Davis was snubbed by NFL combine?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Davis is slow, has a garbage attitude, and is scared of contact.

Not exactly a winning combination in the NFL.

He did win us a few games this year though.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Lack of speed and inconsistent play probably kept him out.  Also he has the "game" of a big WR but is only 6'1" which doesn't usually translate to the NFL.  He was very good college WR I just don't see his game translating to the next level.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Are these numbers legit?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/WR/Andre-Davis.php

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=120283&draftyear=2015&genpos=WR

4.45 - 4.65

I wouldn't call that fast by NFL standards, but it is more than adequate for a 3,4,5 WR/"Possession" Receiver type. And like the "scouting write-up" I posted above, I think he can be that same type of receiver. I wouldn't mind the Dolphins taking a chance on him in the later rounds.

He's going to impress somebody at pro day or a camp.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Are these numbers legit?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=120283&draftyear=2015&genpos=WR

4.45 - 4.65

I wouldn't call that fast by NFL standards, but it is more than adequate for a 3,4,5 WR/"Possession" Receiver type. And like the "scouting write-up" I posted above, I think he can be that same type of receiver. I wouldn't mind the Dolphins taking a chance on him in the later rounds.

Landry is much better after the catch than Davis and also has better speed (ran 4.51 at his proday, ran 4.6 with a bad hammy at combine).  Landry also has much better change of direction, acceleration, and is better in space.  Davis is definitely closer to the 4.65 range of that 40 and doesn't have much wiggle.  Being "quick in a phone booth" can make up for lack of straight away speed but that's definitely not one of Dre's strong points like it is with Landry. Both guys aren't burners but I don't think their game is very comparable besides falling under the blanket tern possession WR.   

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Are these numbers legit?

4.45 - 4.65

To be a possession receiver you have to run hard, know your routes, be willing to play physical, and catch the ball reliably.  He has shown none of those traits.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

He has some alligator arm tendencies. He was also without question the best we have had the last 3 seasons.

Most likely not an NFL prospect, but doesn't mean he can't make money playing football.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

He needs to get into a camp and prove himself...

I hope the best for the kid, but that's the reality

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Any thoughts on why Andre Davis was snubbed by NFL combine?
Started by usfbullriderFeb 07 2015 03:51 PM

Thoughts are:  He can't catch anything but a cold over the middle and alligator arms passes when a defenders on him.  

Simple math, now throw up some Laplace transforms next go around.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I like Andre and he did well for us. However, I don't think skill wise he is much better, if at all, than Taurus Johnson or dontavia bogan. Before anyone throws the records at me, the reality is that he was our only receiving threat from the WR position most of his career; there was no one else to throw the ball to. Throw in some of the immaturity and well he's going to have to work hard to get a team's attention.

+1.  Add highly inconsistent.