• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaches Fired !

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

All these hires came from Jim Harbaugh. People he knew and gave to Taggart when asked.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A school like Florida will probably pay a guy like Robinson more as a position coach than we will as a coordinator.

Hopefully we're done hiring guys who are on the couch right bow(Bresnahan and Wulff)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

All these hires came from Jim Harbaugh. People he knew and gave to Taggart when asked.

So guys that were successful with Harbaugh come to USF and don't do well.  Skip Holtz comes to USF after winning at a couple of stops, comes here, doesn't win but then wins again at his next stop.  Taggart was moderately successful at WKU.  If we played football at the SunDome I'd be saying Indian Burial Grounds right about now.   Really, WTF is it?  Could be the curse of Leavitt I guess but I don't believe Jim wishes harm to the program he built.  Really wish someone had an answer.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

So guys that were successful with Harbaugh come to USF and don't do well.  Skip Holtz comes to USF after winning at a couple of stops, comes here, doesn't win but then wins again at his next stop.  Taggart was moderately successful at WKU.  If we played football at the SunDome I'd be saying Indian Burial Grounds right about now.   Really, WTF is it?  Could be the curse of Leavitt I guess but I don't believe Jim wishes harm to the program he built.  Really wish someone had an answer.

Didn't say successful. He knew and worked with them at some point and they were out of work and looking for work.

Holtz was hiring here when the Big East was in trouble. Taggart is so young, he doesn't know many coaches.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

Simple ...

bj-daniels-south-florida-150769ece1e1088

And no, it's not lack of a qb ... we had two losing seasons with BJD. It's when we started tampering with the uniforms and all the fancy, dancy, foo foo helmets and color combinations. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Chris Dunkley was not the reason the pass defense was bad.

That's just something people say because it sounds nice.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Bresnahan doesn't shock me at all. Our Pass Defense was among the worst in the entire country this year. He was a pro coach for 17 years. Harlan / Taggart may have just felt that he was failing at teaching the young players. There's a big difference between calling plays for NFL level players that will grasp them easily, and teaching college kids who may have little knowledge of the defense he was trying to run.

We were starting a wife receiver at CB. It wasn't going to be good.

Personally, I'm thinking that is better than starting a husband receiver at CB.  But I'm not a football coach, so maybe I'm wrong about that.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Bresnahan doesn't shock me at all. Our Pass Defense was among the worst in the entire country this year. He was a pro coach for 17 years. Harlan / Taggart may have just felt that he was failing at teaching the young players. There's a big difference between calling plays for NFL level players that will grasp them easily, and teaching college kids who may have little knowledge of the defense he was trying to run.

We were starting a wife receiver at CB. It wasn't going to be good.

Personally, I'm thinking that is better than starting a husband receiver at CB.  But I'm not a football coach, so maybe I'm wrong about that.

heh heh heh  :D

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

shocked that dc was fired

seems like other 2 are the scapegoats

our running game wasnt that bad

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

We're grasping at straws at this point.  Any coach worth a darn knows that CWT is down to his last chance.

Whoever we hire will be wise to rent.