• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015: QB debate carousel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

Flowers if he learns the offense.  need his talent on the field also possible they run the old spread we used to run with grothe and daniels with new oc.  Too much talen their to be on sideline period.  ill bet on it.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Losing will continue unless we get a juco or a transfer

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  66

How can any QB get better and develop when they are constantly missing reps due to "competition?" This has been the biggest reason for no consistency in QB play. How can a coach expect consistency and confidence when he doesn't give it to any QB? I say name a starter during spring ball and stick to it.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

You give Flowers an entire summer to learn the offense while getting bigger and stronger and  there is absolutely no way he's not the starter next year.

In fact, the whole program almost is depending on Q's development over this offseason, he brings a whole new element that White doesn't, he was just a true freshman.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

You give Flowers an entire summer to learn the offense while getting bigger and stronger and  there is absolutely no way he's not the starter next year.

In fact, the whole program almost is depending on Q's development over this offseason, he brings a whole new element that White doesn't, he was just a true freshman.

I think most of us would like to believe that but Taggart hasn't really developed anybody on the offensive side of the ball. Bench and White both looked about the same as last season. I hope Flowers does take charge. Time will tell.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

I have no idea but I know it won't be White.  These stats are using ESPN.

- 116th (out of 121 QB's) in terms of Accuracy.

- 105th in QB Rating.

- 121st in TD's thrown.

- 102nd for yards.

- He only took 15 sacks this year as well, which means the offensive line, although still not great did a MUCH better job in protection then last year.

If you take everything into consideration White, including level of competition played which wasn't exactly the SEC or PAC-12, you could easily make the case he was the worst QB in the entire country this year, and without a doubt one of the worst 5. 

I have supported Taggart plenty, and still hope he can find success here but if Mike White is the starting QB for the Bulls in game 1 against Florida A&M then I won't watch a single game next year.   He didn't do a single thing this year to show that he should continue starting other then pulling out a win against a historically bad SMU and barely beating a nearly as bad Tulsa.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I have a question. Is Flowers truly a talented QB or are people confusing athletic ability for talent at the QB position? I did not see a lot of aptitude for the QB position out of him, but to be fair it was in limited action.

White is the more talented of the group. I would expect White to be the starter.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Unless he learns to throw better, there is a big way he's not the starter.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If he makes even the slightest improvement, Flowers will start.I am not saying he is the best fit for the position, I just feel that CWT wants him in there and will use any improvement as a justification to get him in the game. Right now his mechanics are off, and he doesn't know the playbook. If he gets some serious work in this off-season, I suppose it's possible he can greatly improve... 

Placing your hopes on Kean, or even a transfer, just repeats last years process again. 

Personally, I'd continue to try and develop White...but I'm no coach. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802

I have a question. Is Flowers truly a talented QB or are people confusing athletic ability for talent at the QB position? I did not see a lot of aptitude for the QB position out of him, but to be fair it was in limited action.

White is the more talented of the group. I would expect White to be the starter.

I saw zero ability for him to make reads. Heck Mike White had trouble making more than two reads.