• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who on the UAB roster is worth looking at?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Sad. Feel for the kids the most, but I don't think the President had much of a say. Must've been hard for him to face the kids.

They should show this video to USF just to show how easily it could all be lost.

They should show it to the USF "fans" bailing during a rough time in our history ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Check out this video. I feel so bad for those players, coaches and fans. UAT is at heart of what's wrong with college athletics.

Geez I really feel for these guys. This is what is wrong with college sports these days. I feel we will see more of this in the future.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

That president didnt stand a chance in that room.

At least they will or should be granted full release and play elsewhere immediately. Of course this will also mean less band members, cheerleaders. This is a very slippery slope.

Hopefully usf never gets to this point. But with the divide from p5 and g5 getting larger and larger, its a very real possibility

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Not to derail the thread but how do you embed the entire video and not just link?  Couldn't figure how to do it.

What UAT did to that program because the Bear's son got his panties in wad over something that was said to him is reprehensible.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

Not to derail the thread but how do you embed the entire video and not just link? Couldn't figure how to do it.

What UAT did to that program because the Bear's son got his panties in wad over something that was said to him is reprehensible.

I just quoted you didn't do anything to the link.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Ha, off field problems. That's the story all-right. Ask folks who have been around what the real story is. Long before his 'off field' problems, people were lobbying for his head on a platter because he hadn't won a national championship yet. Additionally he had rubbed the administration the wrong way mainly because he wasn't living up to the standard of a typical Genshaft lackey (He had be hired under Betty C's admin). It was his off-field problems that gave them the basis to 'fire' him.

You're kinda right.  Many were complaining about Leavitt peaking, and fading late each year.  And getting outcoached in many big games.  Right or wrong...and sure looks bad given the next 2 coaches.

But I don't think Leavitt gets fired if not for lying about the incident, and trying to get others to lie, too.  Had he fessed up, and maybe apologized to Miller, he might still be our coach.  "Insiders" who say the fix was in, need to help us understand how the USF brass induced or tricked Leavitt into slapping Miller, then trying to cover it up.

Note:  I liked Leavitt, so don't think I'm bashing him.  I wish he'd had done the right thing all along.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

It's bad that UAB is dropping football. I doubt many of those people are going go be Bama fans.

On a different note, I sure do like that coach of theirs. I know we need to give coach T at least another year, but Clark sure seems to get the job done.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

I saw a tweet about an O lineman that will choose between us or southern piss....sorry dont have the name

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

a 6'5 230lb WR would be nice