• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White potential

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

He was one of the last persons off the field on Friday.  He looked like a whipped puppy dog. His real problem is his mental toughness. I said to him "pick your head up Mikey and get them next year" and he looked up at me and and nodded yeah. a better O-line with more time in the weight room and some key add ons ( don't know where they come from) we get to 6 wins next year.

The kid is a gamer...he just needs to go through his progressions better and see the field, he left some guys out there who weren't his primary reads WIDE OPEN on Friday. He stares down his primary target and just chucks it up to him even if he's covered, that's not how you move the football. And I get it, it's tough to do when the pocket is collapsing around you as soon as you call for the ball, but he still needs to look off his defenders. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I agree when he can make his progressions he will be fine at qb.

Way to many open players were missed that means the offense can work but the qb has to find the players.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

He was one of the last persons off the field on Friday.  He looked like a whipped puppy dog. His real problem is his mental toughness. I said to him "pick your head up Mikey and get them next year" and he looked up at me and and nodded yeah. a better O-line with more time in the weight room and some key add ons ( don't know where they come from) we get to 6 wins next year.

The kid is a gamer...he just needs to go through his progressions better and see the field, he left some guys out there who weren't his primary reads WIDE OPEN on Friday. He stares down his primary target and just chucks it up to him even if he's covered, that's not how you move the football. And I get it, it's tough to do when the pocket is collapsing around you as soon as you call for the ball, but he still needs to look off his defenders. 

He's getting a little more comfortable in the pocket, but has a long way to go and being able to trust his O line more would help a ton. When he's had a little time, he's shown some great potential for reading his targets. For now, though, he's too slow in making reads both pre-snap and post-snap.

[edit] oh, and props jchem. We fans need to do that stuff more often!

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Only negative is speed...eveld and white in a race who wins?

He did show some moves in extending plays vs Memphis.

I hope he can be successful here.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

That whipped puppy look was all over him when he came back from the x-rays after the sack.

I remember thinking, if he feels like he can show that pisspoor attitude in front of his teammates, this is not a team.

Taggs has failed to mold this into a team of guys who will go that last inch for their brothers

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Whatever potential White had has been destroyed. His best game as a collegiate was his first game and its been downhill ever since. The current coaching staff is either unwilling or unable to develop a quarterback.

Next year Taggart unleashes Evan Wilson and Adam Robles. Then admits he never tried to coach White or Bench.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Whatever potential White had has been destroyed. His best game as a collegiate was his first game and its been downhill ever since. The current coaching staff is either unwilling or unable to develop a quarterback.

Next year Taggart unleashes Evan Wilson and Adam Robles. Then admits he never tried to coach White or Bench.

:lmao:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

You guys are assuming he'll be back with Tags.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The O-line isn't giving much better pass protection than it did for most of this year.  That is the scary part.  Our QBs had all kinds of time to throw, except late in games when it was obvious we had to throw and teams pinned their ears back.  I'd be willing to waager our QBs had more time to throw than 75% of the QBs out there.  It's possible we can get better at run blocking, but we were terrific at pass blocking this year, unlike last year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

You guys are assuming he'll be back with Tags.

Well he could transfer...would there be takers? Maybe so, but would he leave? No hints there yet.

Or CWT could be fired...seems unlikely.

It's a reasonable assumption that they'll be back together.