• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Hoops Player robbed at gunpoint!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I read all these holier than thou posts and it sickens me. The young man was out on a Saturday night, like many college students are. He was also robbed outside his place of residence.

If I were his guardian I would consider a move or transfer, especially since the community he is living in seems so judgmental.

i am out 330am now and i am 58

i totally agree delabull

So this is you

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg?w=4

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I've been jacked like that in Tampa. I don't think it's the area so much as the d-bags who target it for a quick hit & run. Hate that for Cousins, sux that it happened near campus.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

I read all these holier than thou posts and it sickens me. The young man was out on a Saturday night, like many college students are. He was also robbed outside his place of residence.

If I were his guardian I would consider a move or transfer, especially since the community he is living in seems so judgmental.

Yeah, but being out that late now because you forgot where you parked the car isn't quite the same ...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah, but being out that late now because you forgot where you parked the car isn't quite the same ...

voice of experience?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

voice of experience?

If you only knew ...

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

When you're young, you don't possess much common sense or rather:  care to use common sense.  I wouldn't dare to be out at 3 am now, especially in this city (one of the worst crime rates in the country), especially around USF.

When I was Jaleel's age, 3 am was the happening time, especially from Wednesday through Saturday.  I didn't use much common sense back then either same as many 18 19 year-olds, but I got very lucky during my stupid years.  I use to hang out at the Chi Phi (not a brother) house quite often late into the night and that frat house was probably in the sketchiest neighborhood in the area.  Many times me and my buddies would go pick up 50 wings from Wing N It on Fletcher at 4 am in the morning just to save on delivery fees/tip.  How incredibly stupid is that?  I would be pretty ticked off if my sons did something silly like that just to save a few bucks, but they probably will once they're in school.  I will just pray for their safety.

Crime happens to both good people and bad people.  Crime can happen when you are sitting in your car late at night or just hanging out in your own apartment (ie:  the recent sexual assaults, home invasion, gun waving individual running through college apartments here around 138th.)

The area around USF is ugly and the city of Temple Terrace is ugly.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Some of the bars close at 3 I think. They were probably getting back.