• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Hoops Player robbed at gunpoint!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Too soon for the "hands up" or "Run" jokes?

http://www.usforacle.com/news/view.php/856020/USF-player-robbed-near-campus

Nothing good happens at 3:30 AM, but man this is pretty messed up.  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Too soon for the "hands up" or "Run" jokes?

http://www.usforacle.com/news/view.php/856020/USF-player-robbed-near-campus

Nothing good happens at 3:30 AM, but man this is pretty messed up.  

This.

Unless the guys were just waking up and on their way to a 4AM practice, they need a little behaviour modification.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Wow. Even with a gun, takes some cajones to rob someone a foot taller than you.

Dudes shouldn't be out at 3:30 am. Like How I Met Your Mother taught us, "Nothing good happens after 2 am".

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

They're college kids, they're going to be up at 3:30am sometimes. Just glad no one was seriously hurt. It's pretty obvious they were targeted driving around in a nice 2013 Tahoe. When I was at USF I was around that area at that hour every now and then partying. It's not a bad area, I'm surprised.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Wow, that's freaking scary.  Hope Cousin's and his friend are ok.

I'd be pretty emotionally rattled for a while after something like that.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I had some good things happen around 3:30 am before, when I was at USF.  Can't really remember the girls' names, though. 

I was indoors though, that's really the only place to be at that time of night.  Hope they catch the guys who did this. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

All I think of is Fast Times and Spicoli and the kid in the trans am.  "dude, brother is going to kill us if you screw up his ride"..... 

Uh, hey man, you know your silver tahoe.... well, see, it all started.... 

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

This is where Coach Antigua needs to step in and have a heart to heart with his players. We're essentially in season now for hoops. If you have time to be up at 3:30 AM on a Sunday morning in a car with a friend (doing whatever would not make you notice two thugs approaching your vehicle), you'll have no problem making a 5 AM workout the following Sunday for the next four weeks. Kids are young and impressionable. These guys are fortunate not to have swallowed a bullet. Most of us have been out at 3:30 AM, however many of us have not encountered a situation that these individuals faced. If I were the coach, I would have some "voluntary" drug testing this week. Time to find out if the players on your team are just out chasing wool or entertaining other recreational activities. Whether people are for or against weed, there's a lot of money invested in a scholarship when you're representing USF. If you can't respect that simple fact of the situation, you probably shouldn't be suiting up. Just my opinion on a situation that could be avoided (and should be managed better moving forward).

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

The amount of negativity I'm hearing is messed up. Any average college student is up around that time. Only difference is that he is rich and is almost a public figure considering his brother's status. It doesn't mean they were doing anything wrong. They got robbed! Anyone can get robbed! Outside of his own apartment albeit.  

The guy has a brother playing in the NBA making millions. What makes you think this was not a targeted robbery??

He lives, I'm guessing based on the article, at 4050 Lofts which is one of the most expensive/"secured" USF apartments to live in.. He was robbed outside his apartment.... 

To be honest... I would be rattled, If I was his father/mother brother, I would tell my child/brother to leave USF.