• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Hoops Player robbed at gunpoint!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The amount of negativity I'm hearing is messed up. Any average college student is up around that time. Only difference is that he is rich and is almost a public figure considering his brother's status. It doesn't mean they were doing anything wrong. They got robbed! Anyone can get robbed! Outside of his own apartment albeit.  

The guy has a brother playing in the NBA making millions. What makes you think this was not a targeted robbery??

He lives, I'm guessing based on the article, at 4050 Lofts which is one of the most expensive/"secured" USF apartments to live in.. He was robbed outside his apartment.... 

To be honest... I would be rattled, If I was his father/mother brother, I would tell my child/brother to leave USF.

Agree with all except the last line

Anyone with common sense knows this can happen anywhere.  No reason to leave USF... And that's not me saying that as a USF fan.

As you stated.. there is a chance he was targeted which makes this even more a possibility no matter where he goes.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

My girlfriend lived there right after they changed their name from Stirling.

This is right next to campus. It is concerning. I don't care what time it is, this is not a place one should need worry about being robbed at gun point. It even has a bull runner stop it is so close.

This area really needs to be cleaned up but worse things happening while i studied at Texas A&M. A girl abducted and raped about a half mile from campus then dropped on the side of the road, and two late night mugging in the same area as the abduction, an area where many students lived. Once someone was robbed INSIDE of the main library at like 2 AM and another time someone robbed on campus near the library late at night. All of these happened after 1:30 am. USF isn't alone, crime is everywhere, it sucks.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Man. That's terrible

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

The amount of negativity I'm hearing is messed up. Any average college student is up around that time. Only difference is that he is rich and is almost a public figure considering his brother's status. It doesn't mean they were doing anything wrong. They got robbed! Anyone can get robbed! Outside of his own apartment albeit.  

The guy has a brother playing in the NBA making millions. What makes you think this was not a targeted robbery??

He lives, I'm guessing based on the article, at 4050 Lofts which is one of the most expensive/"secured" USF apartments to live in.. He was robbed outside his apartment.... 

To be honest... I would be rattled, If I was his father/mother brother, I would tell my child/brother to leave USF.

I strongly doubt any "average" college student in that situation at 330. I doubt they're even up around that time in the majority of cases. Regardless, sure, "a lot" of college students are out at that time on a Saturday.

Point is, he's not an average college student. Sheriff nailed it, dude is at the beginning of his basketball season, figures to be a prominent fixture on the team, and if he wants any shot at the NBA needs to prove his worth.

Instead, he was probably doing drugs outside his apartment at 3:30 am and got noticed by some gangbangers.

This situation seems a lot like the slutty dressed girl getting raped cliche. Of course, both suck and are unfair. You can do things not to draw negative attention to yourself, though. Particularly if you're a public figure at a school.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

I read all these holier than thou posts and it sickens me. The young man was out on a Saturday night, like many college students are. He was also robbed outside his place of residence.

If I were his guardian I would consider a move or transfer, especially since the community he is living in seems so judgmental.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754

It's not a holier than thou approach - it's common sense. I indicated previously I was out pretty late on occasion. However, if I was in a car at 3:30 AM and wasn't cognizant of my surroundings, it was because there was a female in the other seat and we couldn't go into her place for one reason or another. Now, two dudes in a car not cognizant of their surroundings... they are either blazing together or they are blowing each other. Your choice. I doubt they are sitting in the vehicle listening to 98.7 FM - just my realistic view on life.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i was alley cating around in college

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I read all these holier than thou posts and it sickens me. The young man was out on a Saturday night, like many college students are. He was also robbed outside his place of residence.

If I were his guardian I would consider a move or transfer, especially since the community he is living in seems so judgmental.

i am out 330am now and i am 58

i totally agree delabull

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I strongly doubt any "average" college student in that situation at 330. I doubt they're even up around that time in the majority of cases. Regardless, sure, "a lot" of college students are out at that time on a Saturday.

Point is, he's not an average college student. Sheriff nailed it, dude is at the beginning of his basketball season, figures to be a prominent fixture on the team, and if he wants any shot at the NBA needs to prove his worth.

Instead, he was probably doing drugs outside his apartment at 3:30 am and got noticed by some gangbangers.

This situation seems a lot like the slutty dressed girl getting raped cliche. Of course, both suck and are unfair. You can do things not to draw negative attention to yourself, though. Particularly if you're a public figure at a school.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard all week outside of the dumpster fire thread. Definitely puts the ass into assumption.

Who he is makes him a target. I bet these dudes were planning this for a while and finally found their opportunity.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Super job blaming the victim Bullspen, never change.......

• Upvote 1