• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers to start vs. SMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Graham Harrell, Colt Brennan, etc. Clearly all talent, nothing to do with scheme. I guess air raid coaches just hit the QB lottery wherever they go.

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that none of them were ranked lower than 100 in QB rating.

Fact is if you don't have a talented passer you will not have a truly successful passing offense.

Can they throw for lots of yards? yes.

will it be an effective, efficient offense? no.

the answer isn't to put more WRs on the field and throw more with QBs rated below 100.

Fact is these players were average and clearly made by the scheme.

Our scheme holds our players back.

The answer is to run different plays that allow for the players to be productive. CWT has no offensive creativity and the game is a boring Stanford offense that doesn't work with our players.

if you think that a top 10 rating for a QB is average then I see where we are going wrong. They weren't average passers. they were well above average. honestly if all you had to do was take a QB rated 110 and put him in an air raid offense then everybody would do it. I guess we could plug Ronnie Banks or Pat Julmiste(nothing against these guys) in an air raid offense and all would have been fine with our offense.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Graham Harrell, Colt Brennan, etc. Clearly all talent, nothing to do with scheme. I guess air raid coaches just hit the QB lottery wherever they go.

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that none of them were ranked lower than 100 in QB rating.

Fact is if you don't have a talented passer you will not have a truly successful passing offense.

the answer isn't to put more WRs on the field and throw more with QBs rated below 100.

The answer is to run different plays that allow for the players to be productive. CWT has no offensive creativity and the game is a boring Stanford offense that doesn't work with our players.

if you think that a top 10 rating for a QB is average then I see where we are going wrong. They weren't average passers. they were well above average. honestly if all you had to do was take a QB rated 110 and put him in an air raid offense then everybody would do it. I guess we could plug Ronnie Banks or Pat Julmiste(nothing against these guys) in an air raid offense and all would have been fine with our offense.

Should have clarified. Average in talent.

Again, if scheme has nothing to do with it why aren't these record breaking college QBs successful hall of famers with all that talent? Why do we even have coaches or playbooks if all we have to do is roll out the more talented players?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Should have clarified. Average in talent.

Again, if scheme has nothing to do with it why aren't these record breaking college QBs successful hall of famers with all that talent? Why do we even have coaches or playbooks if all we have to do is roll out the more talented players?

College talent =/= NFL talent.  Due to the jump in athleticism the premium on physical attributes rises.  All of those guys are immensely talented COLLEGE QB's it's the same reason why a guy like Tom Brady can have an good College career and be an NFL HOF with multiple rings.  The skill sets are different and it's possible to a extremely talented college QB but not have the tools to make it at the next level.  Just because someone doesn't go on to a NFL HOF career doesn't mean they aren't a very talented QB.  It's silly that you keep pushing this idea.....

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

Ok I think I see now. Talent isn't something that can translate from college to NFL. You are either college talented or NFL talented, but not both. Got it. Much more plausible than asserting that the QBs that run these high powered air raid offense aren't the best college football talent. Because surely Texas Tech, Hawaii, Washington State and Houston all command the top college talent. The reason they aren't successful in the NFL is because they aren't as physically gifted, but nothing to do with talent. Talent is something besides physical maybe? Mental?

Edited by bullsfan1983

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

Problems on this team run deeper than the QB. Switching out one player will not fix any of it. This is just not a good team with a not good coach. Not good all around.

I guess we will find out pretty soon.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

I am guessing he is doing this early because he assumes we can beat SMU even with a QB experiment? Or maybe this was always in the cards as a nuclear option?

I don't think we were going to beat Memphis on the road the way things were anyway. This still gives him wiggle room for UCF if it is complete fail. And all options would have been exhausted by that point.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

5th starter at QB since CWT arrived. Pick one and develop them. Geez.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

So talent and production are not the same thing? A guy can have less talent, but be more productive because of a system? Likewise, a guy can be incredibly talented, but have pedestrian numbers?

yes talented people will produce

that's how life works

perhaps Bench would do better at rice in the veer offense but he really doesn't have d-1 talent

white is so bipolar. he's a fit for this offense but is so wildly inconsistent.

NC State and Southern Miss thought he did.  Chose USF over those 2. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

If we lose this game.....

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Texas A&M beat rank 3 Auburn with a true freshman and it was his first start.

The Synder effect.

I would also say, it's the 5 star, #1 Pro-Style QB out of High School effect.

Shhh.... this is a half full glass, don't empty it

Aggies want Snyder gone. He is in the hot seat, the defense is too soft, tackling sucks, the fist player to make contact always gets shed, players take terrible angles.

Instead of looking at the 5 stars rank 1 QB how about we look at #3 Auburn.

If a 1st time starting, true freshman, can beat rank 3 Auburn, then why couldn't one beat the last ranked SMU?