• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers to start vs. SMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

so I guess your ultimate goal is more passing yards and more passing attempts? you do realize we don't have to change the scheme in order to do that. it's not what I would consider a measure of a more successful offense but i guess if that works for you.

My ultimate goal is to win some football games. How do you win football games with a bad defense? You have to score points. 

But you're helping me see the light. Don't fix what's not broken right? This offense has been lethal. 

The problem is your assumption is that passing the ball more will lead to more points and with our QB play that's a dubious claim at best....

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Washington State hadn't been bowling in a decade and he was left a dumpster fire by (ironically enough) our current offensive coordinator and yet he had Washington State bowling in year 2. Leach's resume and success with the Air Raid scheme speaks for itself. If Taggart had us bowling this year I think he would get more of a pass for a down year 3. Also if he was losing close games to teams like Oregon instead of getting blown out in 60% of games against AAC competition then I think it would signal a sign of things changing for the better.

so come up with the extra $1.65M to pay him then we might have a shot.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Agree with others, Bench has not been given a far shake this year. IMO He looks like our best option out of the 3 we have seen this year. It also doesn't matter who our QB is if receivers keep dropping the ball.

Both Bench and White have looked better than Flowers when they were thrown in last year. If the coaches have given up this year they would be smart to put there best QB to get reps and ready for next year...forget about two or three years down the road. Next year is almost here and you got to win or get packing...

This is what Taggart did last year, with White...and it has not been a resounding success.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This thread is HIGH-larious

Anything below 25 is not olnly irrelevant it's statistically insgnificant.

major thread fail

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Washington State lost their QB to a season ending injury. His backup a 2 star whose only high school offers were Cornell and Idaho comes in and making his first start threw for 72% completion, 471 yards, and 5 tds with 0 ints. You are telling me that none of that has to do with the offensive scheme that they run at Washington State? They could probably pull a kid in from the stands at Washington State and he would throw for 350 with 4tds.

hey we should hire their coach.....

oh wait they are only 3-7

BTW FSU offered a scholarship after his sophomore year in high school.

Falk grew up in Logan, Utah, and received a scholarship offer from Florida State after his sophomore year in high school. His family then moved to California so he could play for prep football power Oaks Christian as a junior. But the move didn't work out and Falk did not get to play. The family moved back to Logan for his senior year, when he threw for 3,600 yards and 36 touchdowns.

Most quarterbacks are recruited after their junior years, and Falk only had scholarship offers from Idaho, Wyoming and Cornell as a senior. He committed to Cornell, but then came the offer to walk-on at Washington State.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redshirt-freshman-falk-shines-washington-state-222200717--ncaaf.html;_ylt=A0LEV1d9mWNUqEAAxNJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMmc0YWMxBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDQzM18x

Why didn't he play for FSU then? Oh right because they didn't offer him as a senior. That is why he committed to Cornell and had no scholy offers from FBS programs. Maybe we should get a coach like Leach. Washington State was a dumpster fire before Leach arrived winning only 9 games in the previous 4 seasons. Since he has arrived they have won 12 games in less than 3 seasons. He also led Texas Tech to 10 straight bowl games. I would love to have a coach like Leach here honestly. If nothing else it would put some excitement into the games.

He obviously has talent that's why FSU offered him as a sophomore regardless of what Rivals rated him.

I'm indifferent to leach but he does get paid almost $2M more per year than we currently pay. Oh and he is 3-7 in his 3rd year  at WSU with an overall record of 12-23. I couldn't care less what a coach does before he arrives at USF and I'm sure WSU fans would say the same about his success at Texas Tech

I'm sure he was there for the taking if FSU wanted him. He transfered schools in high school and couldn't earn playing time at the new school. That is why he was no longer recruited by FBS schools.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Washington State lost their QB to a season ending injury. His backup a 2 star whose only high school offers were Cornell and Idaho comes in and making his first start threw for 72% completion, 471 yards, and 5 tds with 0 ints. You are telling me that none of that has to do with the offensive scheme that they run at Washington State? They could probably pull a kid in from the stands at Washington State and he would throw for 350 with 4tds.

hey we should hire their coach.....

oh wait they are only 3-7

BTW FSU offered a scholarship after his sophomore year in high school.

Falk grew up in Logan, Utah, and received a scholarship offer from Florida State after his sophomore year in high school. His family then moved to California so he could play for prep football power Oaks Christian as a junior. But the move didn't work out and Falk did not get to play. The family moved back to Logan for his senior year, when he threw for 3,600 yards and 36 touchdowns.

Most quarterbacks are recruited after their junior years, and Falk only had scholarship offers from Idaho, Wyoming and Cornell as a senior. He committed to Cornell, but then came the offer to walk-on at Washington State.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redshirt-freshman-falk-shines-washington-state-222200717--ncaaf.html;_ylt=A0LEV1d9mWNUqEAAxNJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMmc0YWMxBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDQzM18x

Why didn't he play for FSU then? Oh right because they didn't offer him as a senior. That is why he committed to Cornell and had no scholy offers from FBS programs. Maybe we should get a coach like Leach. Washington State was a dumpster fire before Leach arrived winning only 9 games in the previous 4 seasons. Since he has arrived they have won 12 games in less than 3 seasons. He also led Texas Tech to 10 straight bowl games. I would love to have a coach like Leach here honestly. If nothing else it would put some excitement into the games.

He obviously has talent that's why FSU offered him as a sophomore regardless of what Rivals rated him.

I'm indifferent to leach but he does get paid almost $2M more per year than we currently pay. Oh and he is 3-7 in his 3rd year  at WSU with an overall record of 12-23. I couldn't care less what a coach does before he arrives at USF and I'm sure WSU fans would say the same about his success at Texas Tech

I'm sure he was there for the taking if FSU wanted him. He transfered schools in high school and couldn't earn playing time at the new school. That is why he was no longer recruited by FBS schools.

I read the article. my point was that he's clearly talented. an offer from FSU his sophomore year and 3600 yards with 36 TDs suggests that.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

Why don't we start Bench? He was clearly good enough to get a scholly offer from Penn State so he is clearly talented. In fact he even had the ability to commit to Penn State.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

so I guess your ultimate goal is more passing yards and more passing attempts? you do realize we don't have to change the scheme in order to do that. it's not what I would consider a measure of a more successful offense but i guess if that works for you.

My ultimate goal is to win some football games. How do you win football games with a bad defense? You have to score points. 

But you're helping me see the light. Don't fix what's not broken right? This offense has been lethal. 

The problem is your assumption is that passing the ball more will lead to more points and with our QB play that's a dubious claim at best....

My assumption of it's hard to believe it can be worse than what we have right now is dubious at best?

My point is what we're doing on offense is not working. So you can't sit here and tell me throwing the ball more will be worse. But I must just be crazy. You guys seem content with what our offense does every week. I am not. 

I also must be crazy to think when you're down double digits in a game throwing is the best way to get you back into that game or score points quickly? Or have I been watching the wrong USF and we've been ahead or tied in most of the games?

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Texas A&M beat rank 3 Auburn with a true freshman and it was his first start.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It can get worse than it is now, but not by enough to matter. We're already too far down the ladder to care if it's another rung deeper or 7.

The only way out is up, and here's to hoping we start climbing back this weekend.