• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Steven Bench gets the start tomorrow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

If white started houston game I could see a much different outcome.

We should have stuck with white all year he is clearly are best qb.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Clearly... (saracasm)

I guess you missed over 50% of MW playing time this year. I think he has potential but I am not so sure he is the right guy.

What is clear is that CWT did not give Bench a fair shot at QB and that his decision is not based solely on play and facts. If that were the case MW would have pulled several times this year and QF would not have touched a game time football this year.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Flowers shouldn't have even been on field let alone start. He is terrible at this time.

Bench while mobile doesnt have accuracy unless it's a 10 yard pass.

Whites problem is his inconsistency.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

White showed improvement and has been making better decisions in the last 2 games. As good as much improvement as he has shown he is still far from being good. He had a few wide open receivers that could have resulted in big plays, but because he locked in to his primary receiver early he did not capitalize.

One thing I do like about White. He hasn't been throwing bad INTs. He is beginning to mature. Long way to go though.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ Yeah White is still learning, unfortunately--just hasn't seen the game from the QB spot long enough. If he's going to have any chance of starting and lifting the O out of this mess, he's going to need to spend all his offseason studying tapes. He might have done a lot of that last offseason, but he's still not checking off that prime receiver early enough. He starts doing his progressions sooner, and he can run this thing.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What is clear is that CWT did not give Bench a fair shot at QB and that his decision is not based solely on play and facts. If that were the case MW would have pulled several times this year and QF would not have touched a game time football this year.

Spot on.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Spot on.

I agree. However it is a moot point now. The season is over and I think Bench graduates and moves on to grad school somewhere else for one final kick at the can leaving White the best option at this time.

Spot on.

I agree. However it is a moot point now. The season is over and I think Bench graduates and moves on to grad school somewhere else for one final kick at the can leaving White the best option at this time.

Probably.  But he does seem to like USF, for whatever reason.  (I'm thinking it's the coeds)

I am wondering if CWT would help him break into coaching.  For as little he gets on the field he seems to be knee deep in a lot of the sideline conversations.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Spot on.

Probably.  But he does seem to like USF, for whatever reason.  (I'm thinking it's the coeds)

I am wondering if CWT would help him break into coaching.  For as little he gets on the field he seems to be knee deep in a lot of the sideline conversations.

That would be nice of him, but my speculation is CWT wouldn't help Bench cross the street.

Spot on.

That would be nice of him, but my speculation is CWT wouldn't help Bench cross the street.

Coaches are strange.  Taggart seems to be fascinated by athleticism and raw talent in players, doesn't care so much about performance on the field.  

Taggart could find Bench to be an intriguing football mind and want to push him along in the coaching field as much as he wants Flowers on the field to be the QB he imagines in his mind.