• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Steven Bench gets the start tomorrow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

It is hilarious that you guys don't think Bench has been given his shot.

He played two full games this season (minus one play) and did nothing to secure the job.

Nothing.

White is a pocket passer and Flowers is (supposedly) a dual threat QB. Bench is really neither..

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

It is hilarious that you guys don't think Bench has been given his shot.

He played two full games this season (minus one play) and did nothing to secure the job.

Nothing.

White is a pocket passer and Flowers is (supposedly) a dual threat QB. Bench is really neither..

He has never been given the majority of first team reps let alone all of them. White has sucked up more than his share of the field. He didn't score enough points to win against Houston a top defense(Bemch). So he's no good but white didn't score enough points against Memphis but he did ok. Which is it. You score enough or you dont

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Any idiot can see White is the best QB on the roster. He's really starting to develop.

Flowers shouldn't see another snap until he can actually pass the ball.

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

What is clear is that CWT did not give Bench a fair shot at QB and that his decision is not based solely on play and facts. If that were the case MW would have pulled several times this year and QF would not have touched a game time football this year.

Spot on.

I agree. However it is a moot point now. The season is over and I think Bench graduates and moves on to grad school somewhere else for one final kick at the can leaving White the best option at this time.

Probably.  But he does seem to like USF, for whatever reason.  (I'm thinking it's the coeds)

I am wondering if CWT would help him break into coaching.  For as little he gets on the field he seems to be knee deep in a lot of the sideline conversations.

That would be nice of him, but my speculation is CWT wouldn't help Bench cross the street.

Finally some of you are finally getting it about CWT and Bench.  This is what I have been saying for at least the last 5 or 6 games.  But most have not agreed. 

White started 8 games, Bench started 2 and Flowers started 1. And that doesn't include the games White started last year.  Has Bench really been given the same opportunity at White with as much as White screwed up this year? No!  He is actually a little bit of both White and Flowers.  Given protection, they all could be good pocket passers and White does have a stronger arm for the long throws over Bench.  But Bench can  scramble and is not afraid to run or take a hit like White is, but doesn't have the speed of Flowers.  But CWT hasn't given him an equal chance to prove himself even after a year and a half of White's ineptness.  And Bench outshined White in the spring game, yet CWT still went with White and we have seen where that has got us.  And I agree that Flowers should never have been put in at all this year. There is talent there, but they need good coaching to bring it out, which this coaching staff has not been able to do either by coaching and especially but the poor play calling offensively.  There is no standout QB right now but new coaching could help correct the situation. Obviously it won't come under CWT's watch based on the last 2 years, unless he keeps his hands out of the offense and let the OC and QB coaches do their jobs and let them choose the personnel and actually call the plays during the games.