• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire willie taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

There are always examples of coaches who started out like Beamer, with 2-3 wins the first 2 season or so, before finding success.  There's the issue I have:

1.  The are MANY more examples of coaches who took over down programs...and made them worse, or treaded water. 
2.  If Taggart isn't a good head coach, the improvement, in terms of play AND wins, won't come, unless we somehow find even lower levels of competition (which frankly, is hard to imagine).  At times, he looks lost, and his lack of adjustments and stubbornness with a system that just seems doomed to fail (despite having 2 stud freshmen RBs) makes me wonder if he just doesn't have it as a coach.  Just because the Harbaugh's raised him, and he found modest success at a CUSA school, doesn't mean he is a good coach.

All that said, I'm not screaming to fire him, and I worry what another firing does to our ability to hire a good coach.  BUT>>>>I have a lot of faith in Harlan, and that he believes that USF should NOT have crappy teams.  It's WAY early, but it seems his hiring of new basketball & baseball coaches should turn out to be serious upgrades.

So, a potential head coach replacing Taggart could be scared at our firing 2 coaches in 3 years...OR, he could think, "Wow...Harlan & USF are SERIOUS about making USF a powerhouse, as it should be.  They demand top performance, and weren't getting it with Holtz.  But...I'm a **** good coach, and with access to these recruits and these facilities, I can WIN BIG HERE!".

But hey...that's just me.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

The story earlier this year about how CWT and Jack Harbaugh spoke about being stubborn when something doesn't appear to work (how I internalized it, at least) really resonated with me.

Sometimes you need to be the only one crazy enough to stick with it and you'll win. Sometimes... everyone else is right.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going with one more season. Regardless,I'm renewing my tickets and adding to them. If we are not night and day next year from this year, then it's time to look at finding a new coach. I want wins for sure, bUT I also understand how far we fell. I hope we have bottomed out and have begun the climb back up.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

I wouldn't worry too much about his recruiting this year.  Depending on where you look we have anywhere from 6 to 11 3-Star recruits already this year, which would put's us at 2nd on all the recruiting websites.  We also have about 15 redshirt freshman 3-Star players from the 2014 class next year, that haven't even seen the field yet, not to mention the 4-Star offensive tackle transfer Gibbons coming in from Stanford who will almost certainly be a starter next right right away.

If this team doesn't start ripping off some wins next year, then a change may be needed but the #1 thing we needed was an infusion of talent and Taggart is going that better than pretty much any other Non-P5 school.  

We're in the mid 80's ranked wise for Rivals. Higdon just left, and McGee (arguably our 2nd best commit) just took a visit to Texas and will probably decommit anytime now. McGee also just said "I'm very open to every school".

You can't really think we're in good shape as far as our recruiting class goes to this ponit. We have a lot of talent from last year's class (playing/redshirting) but this year's recruiting, thus far, has been disappointing. 

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I wouldn't worry too much about his recruiting this year.  Depending on where you look we have anywhere from 6 to 11 3-Star recruits already this year, which would put's us at 2nd on all the recruiting websites.  We also have about 15 redshirt freshman 3-Star players from the 2014 class next year, that haven't even seen the field yet, not to mention the 4-Star offensive tackle transfer Gibbons coming in from Stanford who will almost certainly be a starter next right right away.

If this team doesn't start ripping off some wins next year, then a change may be needed but the #1 thing we needed was an infusion of talent and Taggart is going that better than pretty much any other Non-P5 school.  

We're in the mid 80's ranked wise for Rivals. Higdon just left, and McGee (arguably our 2nd best commit) just took a visit to Texas and will probably decommit anytime now. McGee also just said "I'm very open to every school".

You can't really think we're in good shape as far as our recruiting class goes to this ponit. We have a lot of talent from last year's class (playing/redshirting) but this year's recruiting, thus far, has been disappointing. 

let's wait until signing day. I'm sure he is trying to sign recruits that have offers from some big schools. We should have been more worried about Holtz's classes that were locked up early. it was clear we were their best offer and they jumped on it.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

At this point I just want to see competent football played by the home team from Ray Jay. It's painful to watch the Bulls and the Bucs and has been for years. Fix this.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

At this point I just want to see competent football played by the home team from Ray Jay. It's painful to watch the Bulls and the Bucs and has been for years. Fix this.

If Willie stays you are in for a long wait to see a winning team

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

One word or one line epitheths don't do this subject justice.  USF is on the verge of another losing season.  The fourth in a row.  We had a great coach who got fired for shoving some pansy in the locker room who never went anywhere in football.  Wherever he is I hope he's happy for the mess he created for his bruised ego.  Now on to Taggart.  A great success at western Kentucky.  Holtz also did well at East Carolina.  Then they came and played with the adults and WHAMMO!  Taggart should find some back water high school team with an 0-12 record and happily live out his millions he took from USF.  Yes we need a coach but one with intelligence and a commanding presence.  Take our time but start looking now.  There are several defensive and offensive coordinators who would love to get their shot at the big chair.  Do I have suggestions?  Not really.  I am a fan and as a fan I know one thing.  I am dissapointed in four losing seasons and want the bulls to have what they deserve not what they have to settle for.  Are you reading this Dr. Gendshalft?  Probably not.  You're talking to people about bringing more millions into USF so we can outdo shrimp on treadmills.  GO BULLS!!!

Leavitt was an average coach at best.

He never could finish at the top of a weak conference and got blown out by average teams. 

I'd love to be "average" again.

Or, in that "weak" of a conference, again.

Anyone who doesn't think Leavitt's team would've raped this conference the past two years are delusional. The teams that beat us routinely are gone. We had never lost to teams like UCiF, ECU, Memphis, etc under CJL.

We definitely lost to Memphis 31-15....

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=283550058

He's talking about that. Difficult to read on so many levels.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

One word or one line epitheths don't do this subject justice.  USF is on the verge of another losing season.  The fourth in a row.  We had a great coach who got fired for shoving some pansy in the locker room who never went anywhere in football.  Wherever he is I hope he's happy for the mess he created for his bruised ego.  Now on to Taggart.  A great success at western Kentucky.  Holtz also did well at East Carolina.  Then they came and played with the adults and WHAMMO!  Taggart should find some back water high school team with an 0-12 record and happily live out his millions he took from USF.  Yes we need a coach but one with intelligence and a commanding presence.  Take our time but start looking now.  There are several defensive and offensive coordinators who would love to get their shot at the big chair.  Do I have suggestions?  Not really.  I am a fan and as a fan I know one thing.  I am dissapointed in four losing seasons and want the bulls to have what they deserve not what they have to settle for.  Are you reading this Dr. Gendshalft?  Probably not.  You're talking to people about bringing more millions into USF so we can outdo shrimp on treadmills.  GO BULLS!!!

Leavitt was an average coach at best.

He never could finish at the top of a weak conference and got blown out by average teams. 

I'd love to be "average" again.

Or, in that "weak" of a conference, again.

Anyone who doesn't think Leavitt's team would've raped this conference the past two years are delusional. The teams that beat us routinely are gone. We had never lost to teams like UCiF, ECU, Memphis, etc under CJL.

We definitely lost to Memphis 31-15....

and we also beat them 41-14