• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire willie taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

The question should be....if you knew what you know today would you still hire Willie as the HC ?

I think the answer would be an overwhelming NO.

It's not really viable question until he's gone .... Should Va Tech have hired Beamer, Memphis Fuente? And I'm sure the haters will chime in now as to how they know how this movie ends but the realty is, nobody KNOWS yet.

Agree Triple, but it's okay to answer that question based on the body of work so far. Is 6-18 what Doug and Judy had in mind when they brought him in? I can't think so..

My point wasn't hindsight which is easy to do, but rather wouldn't it be better to just cut our loses (sooner than later) if we don't think he is right for the job.

Edited by Bulls2k

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

The question should be....if you knew what you know today would you still hire Willie as the HC ?

It's not really viable question until he's gone .... Should Va Tech have hired Beamer, Memphis Fuente? And I'm sure the haters will chime in now as to how they know how this movie ends but the realty is, nobody KNOWS yet.

Agree Triple, but it's okay to answer that question based on the body of work so far. Is 6-18 what Doug and Judy had in mind when they brought him in? I can't think so..

My point wasn't hindsight which is easy to do, but rather wouldn't it be better to just cut our loses (sooner than later) if we don't think he is right for the job.

I think Harlan is trying to send the message that we will give a coach a chance t succeed but if he fired Willie after only 2 years other coaches would question if they would even have a chance in 2 years to turn it around. Was it on here or was it on V5 that someone said they heard Willie say that our situation was worse than he thought after the McNeese game?

I think Harlan is trying to send the message that we will give a coach a chance t succeed but if he fired Willie after only 2 years other coaches would question if they would even have a chance in 2 years to turn it around. Was it on here or was it on V5 that someone said they heard Willie say that our situation was worse than he thought after the McNeese game?

Good point and I agree.  Hopefully CWT will wake up and make some adjustments in his philosophy on both sides of the ball, whatever it takes to do that.

Yes, Willie said something to that effect.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

I guess this is the problem I have relating to all the hand wringing at this point in time. I like dealing with finished, or least nearly finished, products, not works in progress. If the question was more along the line of "Has CWT been a success here up to this point?", my answer would be no .... and I'm sure Doug and Judy's honest opinion would be the same ... but until he's given a decent opportunity to see if he can be a success, the question whether he should have been hired is up in the air.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Winning is extremely embarrassing. You people blow my mind. Do you remember how bad we were under the back end of Holtz. Do you remember Bobby E. And Matt Floyd? Do you remember how or team found ways to lose and looked completely lost on the field. Now we look inconsistent, sometimes we look like a garbage fire abs others we look like giant slayers. We have the potential to put it all together and that's on the coach. I think he can continue to turn it around.

Giant Slayers? When in the world has this team in the last 2 years looked like a "giant slayer"?

I would sayou the first half of the Wisconsin Gmne they looked insane. There were glimpses in the Maryland game. Ok maybe not "giant slayers" but to me they looked like they could pay with ANYONE successfully.

I guess this is the problem I have relating to all the hand wringing at this point in time. I like dealing with finished, or least nearly finished, products, not works in progress. If the question was more along the line of "Has CWT been a success here up to this point?", my answer would be no .... and I'm sure Doug and Judy's honest opinion would be the same ... but until he's given a decent opportunity to see if he can be a success, the question whether he should have been hired is up in the air.

Not debating whether he should/shouldn't have been hired, but today looking forward - is he the one to lead us building our program. Sure, give him another year but unless we see sound improvement we need to move on. We've already wasted years and regressed with previous regimes and I'm not certain the same isn't going on here.  What I see is an coach unwilling to adjust based on personnel and circumstance. Play a modified scheme that utilizes your players skills. I've seen a team that can't play a 4 quarters of inspired ball, can't tackle, receivers that can't run routes, can't catch. Lack of creativity, lack of game time and half time adjustments. Teaching, players getting better.  Coaching accountability.  Oh, the team is young...well, go watch Plant or Armwood play and they are well coached and play disciplined, fundamentally sound, inspired ball. Superior talent can hide inferior coaching so here's hoping he continues to recruit well.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

So he thinks we got worse after he got involved? Interesting.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Things are worse, 2015 needs to be a special year for us or I say we have a moving party, I'll bring the pizza and boxes....

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Things are worse, 2015 needs to be a special year for us or I say we have a moving party, I'll bring the pizza and boxes....

do you think all of cwt's stuff will fit in the bus?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

do you think all of cwt's stuff will fit in the bus?

Oh it will... #didsomething