• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2nd Half Adjustments

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Still think the factor of talent depth is part of it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Wisconsin now this... one is an anomaly, two is a trend

Three is a problem

Add Maryland to the list as they shut us out in the 2nd half. Uconn we only scored 3 in the 2nd half but it was enough.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

The only adjustment I saw is once again going away from what works. Why do we stop pounding the rock just because we completed a few passes? We have the lead, keep running until they stop us, Once again our coaches snatch defeat from victory.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

We did make an adjustment.  We stopped rushing 4 or 5 guys on the quarterback in the second half on defense and he had all day to throw.  Flashbacks to John Elway and The Drive against Cleveland..... *sigh*

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The guys are too young to make adjustments?

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

We did make an adjustment.  We stopped rushing 4 or 5 guys on the quarterback in the second half on defense and he had all day to throw.  Flashbacks to John Elway and The Drive against Cleveland..... *sigh*

I thought we had 3 down line-men a lot in the first half too... maybe I am just not remembering correctly. That actually seemed like a decent game plan to hope we could get pressure and stop the run with three to give our backfield a "chance" against ECU.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

We had three lineman but often had another 4th player rush. In the second half we stopped using a 4th rusher.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I understand rushing 4 against a pass heavy team, but when you're getting no pressure changes needed to be made. Their qb had forever to throw the ball.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Why does everyone act like we were in control of everything ECU was doing? 

Credit them, they stepped it up in the 2nd half and really mixed it up.  They got a great push from their OL and had a RB that would get 5 yards on 1st down, they'd pass for another 4, then Carden would do a quick drop and throw for 5 more ... over and over and over.  

My take is that we backed off the rush a bit in the 2nd half because he started releasing the ball more quickly and that basically wasted defenders from defending the pass.  I think we were just outcoached in that their OC mixed up the plays and when we were expecting pass, they would run, and vice versa.  

Seriously ... ECU has some TALENT on offense.  Good receivers and Carden, while not all-world, is probably the best QB we've faced all year, maybe better than Brissett. 

Plus, did anyone else notice how quickly they went from play to play?  They weren't in complete hurry-up, but it was close.  They are well-conditioned and talented on that side of the ball.  

If we had the same offense in the 2nd half instead of the 1st, we would have won, though.  I understand how our D ended up getting gashed there at the end, but I still can't wrap my head around how inconsistent the offense can be.  Hopefully the rest of the schedule is manageable, though.  We just played two top 20 teams, and we DIDN'T get our asses handed to us, overall.  

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I could have completed a pass if I had as much time as Carden had to throw

Edited by snarling Bull