• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Media Market

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Finally figured it out .... I think .... It is based strictly on zip codes as far as the 84 (it's been adjusted up from 82, ECU gone UNC added among changes) are concerned. All you had to do was be the #1 school in ONE zip code to be included in the 84. The fact that the 33620 didn't even have us in the top 3 shows just how ridiculous this whole thing is .... further showing what a farce it is is what CPR posted. Cincy has almost 20k more of the dumb "Likes" than the second AAC school yet doesn't show up in the 84 .... Only thing this "survey" shows is that apparently our students aren't real serious Facebook users ... which isn't a bad thing.  

So the thread has nothing to do with media market and is still a Fail ....   ;)

CPD is clearly wrong... for what it's worth.

I think the fact that Cincinnati - with the most likes in the AAC - doesn't show up even 2nd or 3rd in the zipcodes around the Queen City tells me they are not reporting the actual schools that are 2nd or 3rd in a zip code... they are looking at a list of schools and then seeing how those schools, and only those schools, fare.

Look around Kalamazoo... Western Michigan shows up - in 3rd place in many zip codes there.

And you're going to tell me that Cincy and USF somehow don't make the top 3 in any zip code?

And you're going to tell me they're LOOKING for how schools like UMass, ULLaf, ULM, La Tech fare but not USF and Cincy? Their criteria:

Like the other sets of maps, these were created using estimates of team support based on each team’s share of Facebook “likes†in a ZIP code. We then applied an algorithm to deal with statistical noise and fill in gaps where data was missing. Facebook “likes†are an imperfect measure, but as we’ve noted before, Facebook likes show broadly similar patterns to polls.

Nothing there, or anywhere, about going from a limiting list of schools.... and the fact that UC nor USF show in the top 3 of the zip codes their schools are in just shows why using a survey based on Facebook "Likes" apparently isn't good for anything more than message board fodder.

Whether I'm right or you're right, I think we both can agree that a whole lot of stock shouldn't be placed in this "survey" in regards to USF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Only thing not stupid about this thread was JTrue's posts about Bear.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

This thread absolutely sucks.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

This is based only on likes of teams' specific football page. You can "like" 20 other pages from the school, but if you didn't know about the football page you don't register.

Our athletics page and alumni page have twice as many as The same pages as UCF.

Our athletics page has 3 times the number of our football page. I doubt we have that many fans of our athletics department thar are not football fans.

This is a very inaccurate survey regarding fans of a football program. It is only about a specific page.

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's a website designed to help you stalk your ex girlfriend from high school.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I wonder if Bear is smazza's alter, literate, ego.

I have literally been wondering this as long as Bear has been posting on TBP. He is responsible for pretty much all of smazza's reputation points.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

I have literally been wondering this as long as Bear has been posting on TBP. He is responsible for pretty much all of smazza's reputation points.

He's the Clark Kent to smazza's Supertroll?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He's the Clark Kent to smazza's Supertroll?

It's more like smazza is the Sith Lord of trolling his own fan base and Bear is his Darth Maul/Vadar apprentice.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

This may be a better reflection of a university's Facebook and social media marketing strategy than it is of the fan bases.

Social media advertising is now a pretty big thing and companies hire firms to develop social media campaigns to generate Facebook likes and twitter followers.

It's more likely USF just doesn't have a good Facebook presence or social media marketing strategy.