• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

East Carolina: Great opportunity!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Our guys can play with EZU. We just need them to bring their A game and not their NC State game and we have a chance.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

We played one half of football vs Wisconsin and got killed by a fumble.

If we can put together 2 halves of football and avoid the costly turnover I think it will be a great game.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

This is a great opportunity to grow for our kids. If they rise up for this one, we stand a great chance in the conference.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Who else thinks WE are a bad matchup for ECU.

When ECU loses this season. . . . . and they will. . . . . it will be to a team that shortens the game and has speed on defense.

I would not be surprised if we are the best running team they have played and the fastest defense they have played (blasphemy I know since ECU actually played a 2nd rate SEC team).

I think we can frustrate ECU's offense and physically dominate their defense.

The closest thing to ECU on our schedule was MD, with their dual threat QB and legit receivers. . . . . . . . USF was a TERRIBLE matchup for them.  There were stretches of that game where our baby bulls dominated. . . . . especially on defense.  Are we not a better team now?

We can win this.

Edited by Carolina_Bull

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

We played one half of football vs Wisconsin and got killed by a fumble.

If we can put together 2 halves of football and avoid the costly turnover I think it will be a great game.

Wisconsin has lost 4 straight against P5 teams. I think they were a bit overrated. With that said I think ECU is also overrated. The problem is we will probably need to score at least 30 points to have a chance and that is something that hasn't happened in a very long time against a FBS team.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Unless the secondary plays much better I'm not liking our chances because this offense struggles to score 17+ and they need atleast 24+

This game could go low.

ECU runs a quick strike passing offense.  All we need is Chandler, Watson and Senat to get pressure up the middle to push carden off his mark and disrupt the timing.  Push the QB left or right and you have cut the field in half. . . . . which is a blessing for our safeties.

In my opinion, the DT's were a big reason we hung with MD and Wisc.  I know they can do it (again). . . . especially if we mix in a few middle blitzes with Sanchez.

I don't think we need a miracle to keep this game low . . . . . . pressure their QB up the middle and run the football.  We have done both superbly at times this year.  Is this the week our young team does both at the same time?

Edited by Carolina_Bull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Who else thinks WE are a bad matchup for ECU.

When ECU loses this season. . . . . and they will. . . . . it will be to a team that shortens the game and has speed on defense.

I would not be surprised if we are the best running team they have played and the fastest defense they have played (blasphemy I know since ECU actually played a 2nd rate SEC team).

I think we can frustrate ECU's offense and physically dominate their defense.

The closest thing to ECU on our schedule was MD, with their dual threat QB and legit receivers. . . . . . . . USF was a TERRIBLE matchup for them.  There were stretches of that game where our baby bulls dominated. . . . . especially on defense.  Are we not a better team now?

We can win this.

ECUs QB is rated #15 in the country.

Maryland's is #73.

they aren't even on the same planet

the only way to have a chance is to take the air out of the ball and run clock on them. keep their offense off the field.

get pressure in the backfield to force things. if we play off then we are doomed.

One other thing to explain my bullishness.  ECU is the crappiest rushing D we have played since WCU.

I feel so strange being this optimistic, but I honestly feel this game sets up nice for USF.  Nevermind that the game is at home and we had a bye week.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

One other thing to explain my bullishness. ECU is the crappiest rushing D we have played since WCU.

I feel so strange being this optimistic, but I honestly feel this game sets up nice for USF. Nevermind that the game is at home and we had a bye week.

I like it!