• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Down 3 possessions, 1 WR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

This just reinforces Taggart's inability to adjust his gameplan to the situations. He is hell bent on running his playbook. The funny part about that is that their a lot of people in business who run their "playbook" and cannot adjust to the changing times - they quickly find themselves unemployed.

Play book today seemed fine. Execution was the issue.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Are you suggesting we misused the 39 seconds we had the ball in the 4th quarter?

Yup  :GoBulls:

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm not saying putting 5 WR on the field would've meant a comeback with 6 minutes left or whatever it was, and down 17, But WHY in the world do we not have more than 1 WR on the field?! Did anyone else notice this? 

1st and 2nd down of that series we had 1 WR and 3rd down they finally brought in 3. Maybe I'm just weird about this stuff, but it absolutely drives me nuts to see stuff like that. It makes no sense!!!

if the answer is well they threw in the towel due to the score and time left, then I have an issue with that too. 

We had 2 WRs and 2 TEs in there.  That's the Taggart offense - I bet the only 5 WR play in the playbook is a hail mary.

Why must you make sense, Jim?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802

There was a Big Bird sighting.

Doesn't make sense. So if we're down by 6 with a minute left in the game, we're gonna go with 1 or 2 WR on the field to try and get down the field quickly and score because "that's the Taggart Offense"? There are points in the game where you're basically forced to run a certain style and if you don't you're just saying ok, we give up, we lose.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

USF's offensive playbook is pretty thin and for two reasons:

1. Taggart's belief is that if you execute properly than you cannot be stopped, so in his mind there is certainly no need to adjust, just a need to execute better

2. Taggart, even if it was in his DNA, cannot expand the playbook because he has a QB who is very limited athletically

This is your offense like it or not. USF's only hope of seeing and improved offense under CWT is to execute better, or to find a quarterback with a skill set so diverse that it will give Taggart pause to consider other play calling options than the pro-style set he runs today.

In other words get used to seeing 6-17 points scored per game.

If that is true, then what the heck is all this talk about how hard it is to learn the offense? 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

I'm not saying putting 5 WR on the field would've meant a comeback with 6 minutes left or whatever it was, and down 17, But WHY in the world do we not have more than 1 WR on the field?! Did anyone else notice this? 

1st and 2nd down of that series we had 1 WR and 3rd down they finally brought in 3. Maybe I'm just weird about this stuff, but it absolutely drives me nuts to see stuff like that. It makes no sense!!!

if the answer is well they threw in the towel due to the score and time left, then I have an issue with that too.

Have you been watching our offensive line this year? If we want our QB alive for the rest of season we better give him some protection. So yes put 5 WRs because they wouldn't get the ball with White buried into the ground.

We need better OLine and WRs that consistently catch the ball.

Have you been watching our offensive line this year? If we want our QB alive for the rest of season we better give him some protection. So yes put 5 WRs because they wouldn't get the ball with White buried into the ground.

We need better OLine and WRs that consistently catch the ball.

Good grief. Apparently I never should've said 5 WR as an EXAMPLE. The entire point of my post was it's ridiculous we had 1 WR on the field. Some have claimed 2, I'm going to do my best to find a picture/video of the last series we had the ball to find out which one it was. 

I was not saying we needed 5 WR on the field. How about 3?? Or is expecting 3+ WR on the field with 6 minutes left in the game down 17 just absurd?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

USF's offensive playbook is pretty thin and for two reasons:

1. Taggart's belief is that if you execute properly than you cannot be stopped, so in his mind there is certainly no need to adjust, just a need to execute better

2. Taggart, even if it was in his DNA, cannot expand the playbook because he has a QB who is very limited athletically

This is your offense like it or not. USF's only hope of seeing and improved offense under CWT is to execute better, or to find a quarterback with a skill set so diverse that it will give Taggart pause to consider other play calling options than the pro-style set he runs today.

In other words get used to seeing 6-17 points scored per game.

LOL ..... ya think?? Definitely needs to be filed under the "No ****, Sherlock!" tab ...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The way the offense is designed, do you really need 3 receivers? 2 TE, Running Back and Fullback that can catch out of the backfield.

I had no issues with the playcalling on Saturday. I thought they did a pretty good job of trying to get the ball to the athletes in space. Wasn't bad playcalling for the most part.

I am not really sold on this offense. One problem I see is that the places it is being used still relies on a fairly mobile QB. Works pretty well in San Fran. They have a good, mobile. When it was successful at Stanford, Luck ran for almost 500 yards.

Whites lack of mobility limits what they can do