• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do we get to a bowl game this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Before you start making your bowl game plans take into consideration that the Sagarin ratings would have USF favored against Houston and that would be by the slimmest of margins due to playing at home.  The only team that the Bulls rank ahead of in the conference is UCONN and that is by less than two points.  With a ranking of the 172nd best team in college football there is virtually no chance of making a bowl game and any additional wins this year should be considered an accomplishment. 

SMU is even worse than UCONN. We will win that game.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Before you start making your bowl game plans take into consideration that the Sagarin ratings would have USF favored against Houston and that would be by the slimmest of margins due to playing at home. The only team that the Bulls rank ahead of in the conference is UCONN and that is by less than two points. With a ranking of the 172nd best team in college football there is virtually no chance of making a bowl game and any additional wins this year should be considered an accomplishment.

Like those lame rankings have anything to do with USF making a bowl game or not.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

4 wins is the last 16 games by a total of 17 points does not seem like a recipe for getting into a bowl this year. Unless the Bulls can conjure up some way to score against anybody but the weak I fear there is no bowl in the foreseeable future. Not with this coach, not with these players.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

..we don't. We will beat SMU and will find a way to beat 1 of Houston/Tulsa/UCF. 4-8.

that's all you got to know.

we out-scrubbed UCONN in a monsoon, a team who barely trumped mighty Stony Brook, and now we're talking bowls?.. smoke 'um if you got 'um, i guess.

o-line is still laughable, mike white is still witless, D is still wildly inconsistent.

in 2ish years the Mack/Flowers backfield will have USF bowling 300, long as whistlin' willie let'um scramble.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

AAC is really bad guys, there is definitely a chance for 4-6 total wins this year

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

YOU GUYS A DREAMING

we hung on to a win against uconn

maybe 2 more wins

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Here's the simple answer:  we're going to play 4 bad team, at least.  If we can't win 4, we don't deserve a bowl.

ECU is the only AAC team with impressive wins.  Cincy struggled with 0-4 Miami (OH).  The jury is still very much out.  That said, to date, we haven't played anything like a bowl team, needing 2 onside kick recoveries to seal wins v pretty bad teams.

The 2 games are almost surely losses...then we need to win 4 of 6, but the competition doesn't APPEAR to be that tough (but that's what THEY are saying about US).

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

We are a young team that could rapidly improve

we might be a solid team real soon

SMU is awful -- worse than the U Conn team we just dominated.  Scoring 1 TD and 2 FGs in 3 games.

Tulsa is almost as bad.  Allowing 100 points against in their last 2 games.

Houston's offense is struggling - O'Korn is 77 of 146 with 6 TDs and 6 INTs.

I would expect USF will win all three... so that means we need one win out of the remaining five games.

Wisconsin and Cincinnati are both on the road.  Even at my most optimistic for this year, I never expected to win these.

ECU is a home game following a bye week.  It will be tough, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.  The game could be like Maryland... or like NC State.

That leaves UCF and Memphis... both of which could be difficult... but I think USF will win them both.  (Memphis is on the road following a road game against SMU, which I think will be a game USF doesn't have to play starters the whole way; UCF is here at home).

I think USF wins 5 of the remaining 8 games... going 6-2 in conference and getting a bowl game.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

SMU is awful -- worse than the U Conn team we just dominated. Scoring 1 TD and 2 FGs in 3 games.

Tulsa is almost as bad. Allowing 100 points against in their last 2 games.

Houston's offense is struggling - O'Korn is 77 of 146 with 6 TDs and 6 INTs.

I would expect USF will win all three... so that means we need one win out of the remaining five games.

Wisconsin and Cincinnati are both on the road. Even at my most optimistic for this year, I never expected to win these.

ECU is a home game following a bye week. It will be tough, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. The game could be like Maryland... or like NC State.

That leaves UCF and Memphis... both of which could be difficult... but I think USF will win them both. (Memphis is on the road following a road game against SMU, which I think will be a game USF doesn't have to play starters the whole way; UCF is here at home).

I think USF wins 5 of the remaining 8 games... going 6-2 in conference and getting a bowl game.

Wow, I'll have what you're having, Jim...I love the optimism! 6-2 would be our best conference winning percentage ever. If this comes to pass I'll proclaim Taggart the second coming of Leavitt...here's hoping!