• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If I'm a recruit with a computer...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We all hate losing, and I never expected this team to miracle itself to awesomeness in one year.  

I am very angry, however, that I do not see any sign of improvement on the football field.  Just give me a sign.  Just give me some hope.  I know we had a great recruiting class, and I know the guys are young, but I just want to see something on the field that shows me that we are moving in the right direction with this offense.  A win would be amazing, but at this point, moving the ball down the field and getting touchdowns would make me smile.

we are only 3 games into this season. we haven't even played a conference game yet.

it's a little early to compare this team to last year's team.

we played 2 BCS teams that clearly have better lines than us. that should be expected at this point.

our o-line and RB played well in our opener which also should be expected.

our QB play has been awful but it was awful last year so there is no real reason to believe it would improve dramatically unless we brought in someone else to play the position.

I see some small signs of improvement.

Penalties are way down. it was painful to watch last year when we were barely able to get a snap off. we have a game changer at RB if we can get him some blocking and that's the primary focus of Tags offense. we desperately need an o-line and a QB that can be at least serviceable. it's going to take time and more importantly talent to see any dramatic improvement.

Bull94, you are way too positive.... 

nah just level headed. I didn't expect to see our offense go from one of the worst in our history to anything approaching respectable in one off-season especially since we didn't change the #1 flaw in it (i.e. QB). Our offense was awful under Julmiste and it took Grothe taking over the job to turn it around.

this isn't a quick fix unless we were to get a graduate assistant like Trickett to step right in. anybody who thinks it's the system, didn't see holtz's offense run afetr BJ went down. It was terrible.

I think we all got excited about the high 3 star recruits that we were able to bring in and expected this thing to turn right way. A lot of these freshmen/redshirt freshmen are not FBS ready but have no choice but to play from the get go. We definitely have some nice pieces to work with in the next few years but like you said, it will take time.  I just hope we end the season on an uptrend.    

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

I would be disgusted with how this fanbase is treating its current players and coaches in a transition process from the Holtz destruction. I don't think you guys comprehend just how many Freshmen are playing out there right now, sure we suck right now but this team has no where to go but up. I guarantee we win tomorrow.

I'm sure someone here can put you onto an online betting site to pick up that new car you've been wanting.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bullcocky---homerun-----you get it

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It took Auburn one year to turn around their mess into a national title game participant. Most good coaches get one freebie year, but are expected to perform year two. We are not totally depleted of talent: Andre Davis, Mack, Nigel, Robbins, C. Dunk, Price, Chandler, Adams, Cliett, Whitehurst, Elkino...these guys are top notch. The MAJOR thing keeping us from winning is a field general at QB who can get the ball to the playmakers. When the QB is useless, the whole team loses hope and the sacks come, the defense lets up, the special teams make mistakes. The players feed off of the energy that a good quarterback creates. Give us Brisset this year and we would be 2-1 or 3-0 right now and talking about what a genius Taggart is. The team as it is begins to give up once they realize we aren't going to score any points on offense.

Auburn went from Tuberville to Chizik to Malzhan. They have great facilities, money, and only recruit against Alabama in their state. I see no Holtz-levels poor recruiter between Tuberville and Chizik. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

We all hate losing, and I never expected this team to miracle itself to awesomeness in one year.  

I am very angry, however, that I do not see any sign of improvement on the football field.  Just give me a sign.  Just give me some hope.  I know we had a great recruiting class, and I know the guys are young, but I just want to see something on the field that shows me that we are moving in the right direction with this offense.  A win would be amazing, but at this point, moving the ball down the field and getting touchdowns would make me smile.

I fear we have the Jimmys & Joes

but lack the Xs & Os

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Solution: Only recruit kids that don't know how to work a computer....

Hey, it worked for the U in the 80's

It's still sorta working for the U

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

I would be disgusted with how this fanbase is treating its current players and coaches in a transition process from the Holtz destruction. I don't think you guys comprehend just how many Freshmen are playing out there right now, sure we suck right now but this team has no where to go but up. I guarantee we win tomorrow.

I'm sure someone here can put you onto an online betting site to pick up that new car you've been wanting.

He called it. Props

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Told yall. We were gonna win.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

And those b***ching about not seeing any improvement should tone it down for the week at least. They played a great game in terrible weather. I saw improvement all around. Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

And those b***ching about not seeing any improvement should tone it down for the week at least. They played a great game in terrible weather. I saw improvement all around.

Hey! I resemble that remark. I was complaining on this thread about not seeing any improvement on the field. Just here to say that I saw an all around improvement in the product Friday night with a nice W. Proud of those guys. No such thing as an ugly win in weather like that. No fumbles from the RBs in the rain--impressive. Lets build on this and get better.