• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If I'm a recruit with a computer...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

These kids are about to start getting paid. They can deal with it!

agree they want to be paid like PRO's than be ready to handle the pressure that comes with it,  Win or get cut,  Take the criticism that  comes your way as well.

Honest question with some background to the guestion,  I work in Health Care Management,  Have been in numerous hospital settings, and units within those hospitals, some were in horrible shape and I was hired to fix those messes,   When interviewing I would be asked  how long it would take to turn around the messes?  In most cases I had to give detailed plans with time frames of when I would meet certain goals, (turning the units around, increasing staffing, meeting quality control standards , getting the budget under control ect..) 

My question is why do we not expect the same from our CEO/ Head Coach of our football program? How come there is NO Set time frame for measurable items like Wins, conference championships, how long before we go to a bowl game, increase in attendance as a result of product on the field ect.., ?    Not picking on Coach T here but COACHES in general, how come they get a free pass while earning millions of dollars a year. 

What other Industry other than Sports allows for this?  Most people would be terminated within a year or Two if they were not meeting their goals.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Who is? You can count the number of usf players who have been paid on two hands.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Who is? You can count the number of usf players who have been paid on two hands.

NCAA is now allowing for stipends for athletes.

http://time.com/3089288/ncaa-college-athletes-pay/

AAC said they would do everything to keep up with the Power 5( Which means paying players as well)

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

AAC said they would do everything to keep up with the Power 5( Which means paying players as well)

Next year, yes

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Next year, yes

They are still student athletes, a few thousand bucks does not change that

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Which is why i said about to start

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we have been easy of the current  players

now if we lose tomorrow night it might be a different story

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766

Here's part of the problem. Fans hate losing. And although it's not CWT's fault, there are two years prior to his arrival that do nothing but add to fan disdain. Of course it's not his fault - he wasn't here - BUT WE WERE. And last year turned out to be the worst season in school history. So, although CWT has had to suffer through 1/3 of "The Misery"...fans have been here for all three-thirds...the whole fecal material sandwich. 

Shortly after Taggart's hiring, there were those who (who shall remain nameless) honest-to-god believed that plugging in a new coach would miracle us in Jesusesque fashion back to our previous level of success (however one may define that). Let's erect a forty-foot tall bronze statue of the guy in front of the school, though he hasn't coached one down. Fans, by their very nature, are impatient and often not realistic when it comes to managing expectations. Yes, rebuilding is a slow, arduous and painful process, which requires more than one season of getting "his" players on board. So even if CWT takes another year after this - and makes moderate progress - say, wins maybe five games (as I think we'll maybe get four this season), that's two years of back to back losing seasons (for him....for us that would be FOUR YEARS...twice the disappointment!!!!).  

As fans, we don't have to temper our disdain. We write checks, buy tickets and memorabilia, and show up on game day. It's not so much instant gratification, so much as it is the fatigue factor from relentless losing efforts. I don't think we've come down hard on the players, other than the obvious observations regarding skill and execution. I think there's a difference between berating players and stating the obvious.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Dhambuc - They do have a plan/time frame. I won't pretend to know the numbers, but my guess is that CWT told them three years.

Agree with WoolyBully - I HATE LOSING!

But as long as I see improvement toward winning I'll deal with it. My problem so far is, IMO, lack of improvement.

Yes, not as many motion penalties, that's an improvement. What else has improved since last year? Offense? Defense? Special teams? NONE OF THEM. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

Next year, yes

They're already getting about $800/month