• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF should be an easy job...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Cincy and UConn won conference championships and they're still in a crummy conference. Cincy may have won the title or a share of it more than any other team. Yet sad sack Syracuse goes on to ACC.

There's more to it than a conference title.

http://magazine.uc.edu/favorites/web-only/bcs.html

This was the year that UC was hot...

However, they are still stuck right next to us

Don't hold your breath -- they won't be here long. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Its an arms race,  We haven't kept up.  When you have programs like Tulane, Houston, UNC Char, FAU, ect building stadiums , pumping money into their programs We sit back and ask "What happened" ?    I Think a lot of the problem is/ was because of Upper management (Doug)( taken care of) .  But who allowed him to  Continue to stay the course for so long? (Judy).  Judy is great at what she does, the Educational side, research dollars, grants ect... but has no clue about how an athletic program needs to be ran.  Hopefully Harlan does and can fix the mess that Judy allowed to go on for so long.( seems like he is making changes, lots of new initiatives, getting rid of people not carrying their weight ect...) Time will tell if too little too late.  Im optimistic that he will right the ship.

The next 3-5 years are CRITICAL for USF ATHLETICS.  

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

The more I look into USF's history

We have never been an actual good team...

Yeah, we could slay dragons -- and our product was entertaining; however, we were NEVER consistent. 

If you doubt me, compare Cincy's past 10 years against USF (in conference play especially)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah, we could slay dragons -- and our product was entertaining; however, we were NEVER consistent. 

If you doubt me, compare Cincy's past 10 years against USF (in conference play especially)

This is the cold hard truth many here fail to acknowledge.  The lack of hardware in the football trophy case confirms this....

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Putting up with you all is not easy

QFT!!!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Good question ... especially when both had decent success elsewhere .... burial grounds tendrils stretching out from the Dome?

It is the curse of Jim Leavitt. He didnt put it on it was just Karma. Leavitt situation was handled wrong by USF and now Karma has get the best of USF.   Not sure how USF will break the curse. They may need to build that OCS and name it after Leavitt or at least put a Leavitt statue around the OCS. That may be the only way USF breaks the curse. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

This is the cold hard truth many here fail to acknowledge.  The lack of hardware in the football trophy case confirms this....

I acknowledge this. We were consistent at face planting in conference play during the Leavitt years. I'd actually take that over what's happened to this football team the past 3-4 seasons.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Its an arms race,  We haven't kept up.  When you have programs like Tulane, Houston, UNC Char, FAU, ect building stadiums , pumping money into their programs We sit back and ask "What happened" ?    I Think a lot of the problem is/ was because of Upper management (Doug)( taken care of) .  But who allowed him to  Continue to stay the course for so long? (Judy).  Judy is great at what she does, the Educational side, research dollars, grants ect... but has no clue about how an athletic program needs to be ran.  Hopefully Harlan does and can fix the mess that Judy allowed to go on for so long.( seems like he is making changes, lots of new initiatives, getting rid of people not carrying their weight ect...) Time will tell if too little too late.  Im optimistic that he will right the ship.

The next 3-5 years are CRITICAL for USF ATHLETICS.  

I really hope that the President of our university is not spending the majority of her time on athletics.  That is 180 degrees from the goal of the university and the sports program.  Now I have said in the past that with football the sports program represents the school and in society today that dictates the perceived value of our degrees.  That should not be, the sports programs should be something for the students, alumni, and fans to rally behind to support the school.  The school is not there to support the sports programs.  

How are these next years critical?  Will they shut down the program?  Will success suddenly put us in the SEC or ACC?  No. Win or lose this is the Tampa team.  The benefit to winning is fuller stands, hold our heads high, Perception in the community as a winner when you say you went to USF, and happy on game day.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I acknowledge this. We were consistent at face planting in conference play during the Leavitt years. I'd actually take that over what's happened to this football team the past 3-4 seasons.

Agreed.  Never did I think I would ever miss the days of the hot starts, big OOC wins and midseason conference collapses.