• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The State Of USF Football After This Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

Does taggart ever yell at them like Leavitt did. I remember Leavitt was infamous for yelling at players but he always got them to play well enough to keep games respectable if not win them. I'd say a majority of USF fans would welcome Leavitt back with open arms if he ever did come back. His biggest criticism to me was the team starting fast then falling off the planet in october before getting back on track in november. Now we start slow and finish slow

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

Does taggart ever yell at them like Leavitt did. I remember Leavitt was infamous for yelling at players but he always got them to play well enough to keep games respectable if not win them. I'd say a majority of USF fans would welcome Leavitt back with open arms if he ever did come back. His biggest criticism to me was the team starting fast then falling off the planet in october before getting back on track in november. Now we start slow and finish slow

that would bring back a lot of fans i believe

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Days Won:  12

My expectations have been reset. Saturday 3:29pm they were at "bowl game this year".

There is no way when this recruiting class grows up that we do not own the conference. The problem is that takes 4 years. Consider my expectations set at "suck for 3 years". 

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Here is your assignment.

Look up Frank Beamer's first few years at Va Tech. He was on the really hot seat. Va Tech decided to stick with him........

It is going to take time to clean up Skippy's dumpster fire.

Ty

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It is going to take time to clean up Skippy's dumpster fire. Though I can't for the life of me figure out why CWT felt the need to throw in some dynamite before pouring gasoline on top.

Ty

FIFY

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

My expectations have been reset. Saturday 3:29pm they were at "bowl game this year".

There is no way when this recruiting class grows up that we do not own the conference. The problem is that takes 4 years. Consider my expectations set at "suck for 3 years".

Three more years? Program won't survive that.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

The state of the USF program is this:

• USF has the worst FBS team in the state
  • USF has one of the worst FBS teams in the country
  • Apathy surrounds the program as evidence by attendance numbers over the last 2+ years
  • There is very little, if any, to point to that would give anyone hope that things will be turned around during CWT's tenure.

At its current pace USF will have to be concerned with its adherence to NCAA bylaw 20.9.7.3, "Average at least 15,000 in actual or paid attendance for all home football contests over a rolling two-year period." While USF should be able to adhere to the "paid" portion of the bylaw for now, if they continue to maintain their current trajectory it may be a factor in 2016.

they will prbly droop ticket prices down then if that happens