• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm pretty tired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe Taggart is the problem

Ya think? 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

His offense is only boring because it's not producing.  If half of those dropped passes are caught, it's a whole different ball game.

Jesus, you were watching something else completely!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

His offense is only boring because it's not producing.  If half of those dropped passes are caught, it's a whole different ball game.

We'll just have to disagree.  A ball control offense that can produce points and keep the defense fresh enough to cause havoc is not boring to me.  As I said, if it were producing, to me it wouldn't be boring.  there were several 10+ yard pass attempts, Mack broke off some good runs (of course not like last week) even though they were keying on him.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

We'll just have to disagree.  A ball control offense that can produce points and keep the defense fresh enough to cause havoc is not boring to me.  As I said, if it were producing, to me it wouldn't be boring.  there were several 10+ yard pass attempts, Mack broke off some good runs (of course not like last week) even though they were keying on him.

Wasn't bored either. It was good to see Bench act like a leader and place the blame on himself. But like Taggart said, he needed some help. People complaining about him being under 50% passing, but McFarland dropped his first 2 or 3 targets, Welch dropped 5 passes, Duvall dropped one late, and there were a few others. If those are caught, Bench is probably 24/36 and 66% passing. Then nobody complains.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Wasn't bored either. It was good to see Bench act like a leader and place the blame on himself. But like Taggart said, he needed some help. People complaining about him being under 50% passing, but McFarland dropped his first 2 or 3 targets, Welch dropped 5 passes, Duvall dropped one late, and there were a few others. If those are caught, Bench is probably 24/36 and 66% passing. Then nobody complains.

wow. glad bench isn't making those excuses. sorry but he completed 40.6% of his passes last year. he is now at 40.5% this year.

watch the replay. he does not throw accurately at all. he constantly throws behind receivers. the commentators said so themselves.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

wow. glad bench isn't making those excuses. sorry but he completed 40.6% of his passes last year. he is now at 40.5% this year.

watch the replay. he does not throw accurately at all. he constantly throws behind receivers. the commentators said so themselves.

I get what you're saying. It does make me mad as well that his accuracy is an issue and he throws a lot of wobbly passes, but he still threw about 10 passes that were right in the WR's wheel house and were blatantly dropped. Not having Davis out there hurt us a lot too.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I get what you're saying. It does make me mad as well that his accuracy is an issue and he throws a lot of wobbly passes, but he still threw about 10 passes that were right in the WR's wheel house and were blatantly dropped. Not having Davis out there hurt us a lot too.

he didn't have 10 dropped passes.

you also don't account for the very good catches that were made. the new guy snagged one thrown 2 feet behind him for a good gain.

they usually equal out in the end. they ceratinly don't drop so many as to lower his completion percentage by 20%

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Women can see they just can't drive

this is based on what????

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

The same announcers that called him Johnny Bench? Or the ones that didn't know the camera was on them?  Let's not leave the evaluation of our team to those two.  Rewatched the game this morning.  There were probably 7 or 8 bad throws.  There were probably 7 or 8 that reasonably could/should have been caught that weren't perfect throws.  About 3 throwaways that were good decisions and 2 or 3 bad decisions.  And there were 1/2 dozen or more perfect throws.  People talk about White only have 5 or 6 starts.  Believe that was Bench's 3rd???  I think I saw a graphic saying he started twice last year but I could be mistaken.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Petrino runs a Pro set with passing as the emphasis.

Taggart runs a Pro set with running as the emphasis.

They both use the same type of players