• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm pretty tired

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

We can be patient all we want waiting for this offense to develop, but at some point it has to become about winning games.

Other than at QB and OL, where it does take time to develop, grow and gel, there is arguably better and more dynamic athletes on this team than at any time in the Holtz era. We have several young, supposedly dynamic receivers (we have not seen them touch the ball yet), we look to be loaded at RB, we have 2 pretty good TEs. We even have a mobile QB in Bench and maybe one in Flowers. Looks like plenty of playmakers on the field.

I just wish someone would be smart enough to make some adjustments to get the ball into these playmakers hands any way possible and let them do their thing.

I know offense takes longer, but Bresnahan just took apart the defense, instituted a totally new scheme and that looks to becoming together nicely. Not perfect, but good enough to win games while it develops with so many new players. No reason the offense can't make a few adjustments to fit the skill set and experience level on the field.

We can preach patience to win all we want, but the reality is we probably had about 23,000 in the stands yesterday. How many people do you think will show up against UCONN. With the excitement of a new BB coach, you may see a game this year where attendance at the Dome gets pretty close to the attendance at Ray Jay.

Coaching is a performance driven profession. At $1.5 mill a year, with attendance continuing to near all time lows, the pressure to really do something is going to start mounting soon. Would be interesting to hear some of the thoughts about patience from some of the big time donors.

I would hope big time donors are astute enough to wait at least 2 full seasons before commenting on patience ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I also watched the game again.  Bench was behind his WRs most of the game or HIGH. 

Did he give his WRs a better chance than White last week? Yes

But let us not act like the kid was out there throwing dimes.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

But let us not act like the kid was out there throwing dimes.

No one is saying that.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

We can be patient all we want waiting for this offense to develop, but at some point it has to become about winning games.

Other than at QB and OL, where it does take time to develop, grow and gel, there is arguably better and more dynamic athletes on this team than at any time in the Holtz era. We have several young, supposedly dynamic receivers (we have not seen them touch the ball yet), we look to be loaded at RB, we have 2 pretty good TEs. We even have a mobile QB in Bench and maybe one in Flowers. Looks like plenty of playmakers on the field.

I just wish someone would be smart enough to make some adjustments to get the ball into these playmakers hands any way possible and let them do their thing.

I know offense takes longer, but Bresnahan just took apart the defense, instituted a totally new scheme and that looks to becoming together nicely. Not perfect, but good enough to win games while it develops with so many new players. No reason the offense can't make a few adjustments to fit the skill set and experience level on the field.

We can preach patience to win all we want, but the reality is we probably had about 23,000 in the stands yesterday. How many people do you think will show up against UCONN. With the excitement of a new BB coach, you may see a game this year where attendance at the Dome gets pretty close to the attendance at Ray Jay.

Coaching is a performance driven profession. At $1.5 mill a year, with attendance continuing to near all time lows, the pressure to really do something is going to start mounting soon. Would be interesting to hear some of the thoughts about patience from some of the big time donors.

I would hope big time donors are astute enough to wait at least 2 full seasons before commenting on patience ...

Pretty easy to say when it's not your hundreds of thousands of $$. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

There is no doubt that Holtz left the cupboard bare in talent and CWT has a big mountain to climb, but there has been zero improvement in our quarterback play since the beginning of last season. Your big selling point can't just be to recruit, you still have to coach.

That is patently false. For the most part, Bench made good reads just didn't execute. Fat less penalties and TOs than last year.

Women can see they just can't drive

QB needs to make the reads AND execute otherwise he's not a good QB

WTF kind of misogynistic BS is that? Not only is it completely false, it's just plain dumb.

And we wonder why so few women post on this board...

Dude, ease up on the throttle. It was clearly just in fun. You're wound so tight I bet only dogs can hear you fart.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Pretty easy to say when it's not your hundreds of thousands of $$. 

If they're that into college football that they would give hundreds of thousands of $$, they're knowledgeable enough to know that you can't build a program in less than 2 years ...