• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anchor Down?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

So why is the aTm/South Carolina game on WatchESPN?

Why isn't this thrashing not FRONT PAGE news on ESPN?

Do you have the actual A&M game on watchESPN or just the Skycam?

Actually, right now the WatchESPN app has the Vandy/Temple game streaming live from the TV broadcast. There is both an SEC and SEC+ channel on the WatchESPN pull down too. Its on the SEC Channel.

Can you actually watch this?  I see it on the list but when I tried to watch it I got the "you don't have rights to SEC Network" message.

I have DIsh and the SEC Network. The SEC Network is just another way to make money by splitting off their games and charging TV providers more. I am watching it online, yes.

I understand they are trying to make more money.  They are giving money to the SEC to get the content, they need to get it back somehow.

I have Brighthouse, and I can't see the game because Brighthouse apparently does not have rights.  This is consistent with everything we've read.

They didn't pay ESPN for the rights. Dish, who I have, did. Dish didn't have ESPNU in HD until recently. ESPN gets the rights from the SEC and they are the ones peddling them, not the SEC. They found a way to work around the SEC/CBS contract which has first rights on games.

That's exactly what I've been saying.  So why have you been arguing all day that you could not watch the game and there is a huge conspiracy?

Maybe because in the history of WatchESPN, its normal for all games on all networks to be available for replay. And those are two different things. I was talking how some networks don't have 100% access to all ESPN digital outlets. That's different from them not putting anything for anyone to access online.

Mark Hodgkin say it may be a rights deal but the network is so new, they don't know. He also favorited my reply that it may be they are delaying putting up replays to get more eyes on the actual channel.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

If there is no attempt to hide the result of this game can someone tell me why there is no mention of it on ESPN's homepage and that the result is buried in an article about Vandy's uniforms?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

The skycam feed of the aTM/USC game is noted as SEC+.

Do you have the regular game broadcast available?

No. I just see it coming up live at 12:30 to stream online. Maybe after all the streaming simulcast replays are over they will put them up for replay online.

Maybe ...... but they may never put them up there and keep them in their backpocket for replays on the SECN. Bottom line, though, since the A&M game isn't available either, you may have been a bit premature on your conspiracy Tweet to the AAC?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Un-frackin-beLIEVable!

I was JUST now watching the replay on ESPN3, stepped outside to take the trash out to the truck as they were driving by, come back, and...

ESPN PULLED THE GAME FROM THE REPLAY LIST

My screen had nothing but an error page, when I reloaded the page, I got nothing but the SEC splash screen. Here's the link for proof.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/1973105/size/condensed/

It's as if the game never happened. WTF ESPN??????

Apparently the SEC Network has rights to this game.

Like I said, I was in the middle of watching it when it got pulled. I saw Temple's first drive, then an error screen.

This isn't about TV rights, it's about embarassment!

I'm angry!

Thanks slick, for getting the word out.

Um, it is about TV rights.  If you go to WatchESPN for this game right now it says this is an SEC Network game.

I'm really at a loss trying to figure out what you are so upset about.

sounds like he was upset that he was able to start watching it and a couple minutes later it's gone

No. I just see it coming up live at 12:30 to stream online. Maybe after all the streaming simulcast replays are over they will put them up for replay online.

Maybe ...... but they may never put them up there and keep them in their backpocket for replays on the SECN. Bottom line, though, since the A&M game isn't available either, you may have been a bit premature on your conspiracy Tweet to the AAC?

It was up there to watch and was pulled. Did you read that part? Its buried in the thread somewhere.

If there is no attempt to hide the result of this game can someone tell me why there is no mention of it on ESPN's homepage and that the result is buried in an article about Vandy's uniforms?

That is a good point ... 

It was up there to watch and was pulled. Did you read that part? Its buried in the thread somewhere.

And like Shadow said, and the fact that the A&M game isn't available either bears out, that was apparently a mistake. This was the first run for this setup and it sounds like it's confusing as hell to begin with considering the different levels of accessibility depending on your cable, etc provider ...

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

That is a good point ... 

They have 3 scores from last night on the scoreboard and it features the mammoth matchup of Jacksonville St. v. Michigan St.  Zero Temple v Vandy.  I had to look when I saw it mentioned elsewhere.

And like Shadow said, and the fact that the A&M game isn't available either bears out, that was apparently a mistake. This was the first run for this setup and it sounds like it's confusing as hell to begin with considering the different levels of accessibility depending on your cable, etc provider ...

Maybe. Or maybe they are holding replays longer. They don't get any useful viewer numbers to use to sell the network to TV providers from online numbers, only by watching TV. They are still trying to get TV providers to pick this up and its expensive. And if it works, expect the ACC to follow.

Edited by slick1ru2