• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anchor Down?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

If there is no attempt to hide the result of this game can someone tell me why there is no mention of it on ESPN's homepage and that the result is buried in an article about Vandy's uniforms?

That is a good point ... 

They have 3 scores from last night on the scoreboard and it features the mammoth matchup of Jacksonville St. v. Michigan St.  Zero Temple v Vandy.  I had to look when I saw it mentioned elsewhere.

I think that bar you're looking at only features ranked teams.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

If there is no attempt to hide the result of this game can someone tell me why there is no mention of it on ESPN's homepage and that the result is buried in an article about Vandy's uniforms?

That is a good point ... 

They have 3 scores from last night on the scoreboard and it features the mammoth matchup of Jacksonville St. v. Michigan St.  Zero Temple v Vandy.  I had to look when I saw it mentioned elsewhere.

No, I did see that.  Look at the "scores" in the college football area.  http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard

Edited by Mission9

That is a good point ... 

No, I did see that.  Look at the "scores" in the college football area.  http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard

That's still Top 25 only .... Tab just above "Today's Games" .... "Sorting By: Top 25

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I did find this  http://espn.go.com/sports/scores      it is still something not exactly easy to find given there was an SEC team involved.  And so what if its just Vandy, the talking heads make it sound like the worst SEC team is better than any AAC team.  I guess that is not the case.

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It is a conspiracy, I say. A conspiracy to hide / limit the embarrassment exposure

The MSU-Boise game was also on the SEC network this morning when I first loaded the Temple-Vandy game.

It disappeared the same time and is now back with an ESPN3 logo. I have both the regular feed and the skycam feed.

So the SEC network pulled the rebroadcast rights to the game they lost and let the rebroadcast go ahead on the game they won.

This was a conscious decision by somebody - I say it was done by the SEC on purpose.

Big baby fah down go boom? Ohhh, too badd. Don't cry baby.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm able to pull up the aTM - USCe game as well.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/1973105/size/condensed/#

It is a conspiracy, I say. A conspiracy to hide / limit the embarrassment exposure

The MSU-Boise game was also on the SEC network this morning when I first loaded the Temple-Vandy game.

It disappeared the same time and is now back with an ESPN3 logo. I have both the regular feed and the skycam feed.

So the SEC network pulled the rebroadcast rights to the game they lost and let the rebroadcast go ahead on the game they won.

This was a conscious decision by somebody - I say it was done by the SEC on purpose.

The Ole Miss game wasn't on the SEC Network. They apparently had some glitches on the first day of this venture on WatchESPN so that's probably why it was initially misidentified...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

LOL

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Is this a party and no one sent me an invite? Is anyone aware that "Anchor Down"  has no meaning? Not a usage on a ship for sure.