• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you believe in preseason rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

USF could also break into the polls if they win their first 4 GAMES (ESP beating Wisky). 

The season is almost here. The "We will be ranked if..." has reared its head.

WILL and Could   two different things friend.  

UCF has the fastest path into the polls this season in the conference based on OOC schedule. ECU has the 2nd fastest path,  Cincy third,     (Cincy doesn't play the first 2 weeks of the season is the reason why their climb will take longer)

If ucf wins their first game against Penn State they are in the top 25. Probably around 20-21. They are currently 26th in one and 27th in the other. Not to mention 23th in the power polls. The others have a higher climb to reach the polls. We need all 4 wins. It sucks, but it's where we are right now.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

First rank talk, next will be

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We sound like idiots. Can we just shut up about UCF? If that was us we'd be elated.

I find no elation in winning the AAC.

Will you say that when we are kicking off on the Cotton Bowl as G5 representative?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We sound like idiots. Can we just shut up about UCF? If that was us we'd be elated.

Will you say that when we are kicking off on the Cotton Bowl as G5 representative?

I dunno. As we've never done it before, I think a CC would be pretty sweet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

USF could also break into the polls if they win their first 4 GAMES (ESP beating Wisky). 

The season is almost here. The "We will be ranked if..." has reared its head.

WILL and Could   two different things friend.  

UCF has the fastest path into the polls this season in the conference based on OOC schedule. ECU has the 2nd fastest path,  Cincy third,     (Cincy doesn't play the first 2 weeks of the season is the reason why their climb will take longer)

If ucf wins their first game against Penn State they are in the top 25. Probably around 20-21. They are currently 26th in one and 27th in the other. Not to mention 23th in the power polls. The others have a higher climb to reach the polls. We need all 4 wins. It sucks, but it's where we are right now.

What are these power polls?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

More importantly, how ridiculous is it that UCF and Cincy don't play each other yet again this year?  Sheer lunacy on the part of the conference.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Really? Please save that BS quote for the end of the year.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Very telling, seeing people's reactions to the semantics argument between what is "great" and what is "good," or "good enough." 

Yet very understandable, I guess, considering the last 3 years of USF football. 

I'm not going to be one of the idiots on here who are downplaying ucf's last season. Yes, they squeeked by some really bad teams last season. But they did find a way to win those games. Something we can't even do right now.

Assuming this passive-aggressive post was directed at me, it's probably time you re-read this page.  Just because I didn't agree with UCF as being a "great" team doesn't mean I downplayed their season.  They're AAC champs.  Again, good for them.  They played good enough to win, bottom line.  And again, for the definition of a "great" football team, please review the season of the 2013 Florida State Seminoles, who, coincidentally, are the consensus #1 team in the nation AGAIN this year.   

If that doesn't break it down enough for you, I don't know how to help you further. 

So what about UCF did you think was great?

Beat Louisville and almost knocked off South Carolina (same year)

They also beat a Florida team that dominated them for years... Pretty great if you ask me.

Throw in a conference championship, a BCS win and and end of year ranking.

ANYONE on TBP that wouldn't give their left nut AND something just short of first born for what UCF did last year is so full of BS it's not even funny.                            

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

More importantly, how ridiculous is it that UCF and Cincy don't play each other yet again this year?  Sheer lunacy on the part of the conference.

agreed

UCF should fly right through their schedule... I see 5 straight games they should easily win

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Very telling, seeing people's reactions to the semantics argument between what is "great" and what is "good," or "good enough." 

Yet very understandable, I guess, considering the last 3 years of USF football. 

I'm not going to be one of the idiots on here who are downplaying ucf's last season. Yes, they squeeked by some really bad teams last season. But they did find a way to win those games. Something we can't even do right now.

Assuming this passive-aggressive post was directed at me, it's probably time you re-read this page.  Just because I didn't agree with UCF as being a "great" team doesn't mean I downplayed their season.  They're AAC champs.  Again, good for them.  They played good enough to win, bottom line.  And again, for the definition of a "great" football team, please review the season of the 2013 Florida State Seminoles, who, coincidentally, are the consensus #1 team in the nation AGAIN this year.   

If that doesn't break it down enough for you, I don't know how to help you further. 

So what about UCF did you think was great?

Beat Louisville and almost knocked off South Carolina (same year)

They also beat a Florida team that dominated them for years... Pretty great if you ask me.

Throw in a conference championship, a BCS win and and end of year ranking.

ANYONE on TBP that wouldn't give their left nut AND something just short of first born for what UCF did last year is so full of BS it's not even funny.                            

You are correct, except I'm not donating any body parts for USF's success...