• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you believe in preseason rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We sound like idiots. Can we just shut up about UCF? If that was us we'd be elated.

Spot on Joe.  Take the emotion out of it and they had an epic year that we wished we ever had.  I don't recall UCF playing FSU?  Oh "if"?  I see now.  Good for them.  Should be motivation for us instead of sour grapes.

Go Bulls!

You guys need to learn to read.  I never said anything about not wanting their season.  It's not sour grapes, it's my honest assessment.  I watched most of UCF games this year, and they did a good job of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.   I also watched FSU this year, and they smoked nearly everyone they played in a tougher conference.  

It's not emotional, it's not sour grapes, it's the conclusion I drew based on my watching of both teams' games this year.  But, if you sleep better at night projecting emotion and sour grapes into my posts instead of reading what's actually written, I certainly won't begrudge you of that.  We all need our rest. 

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

UCF lost their 2 best players on offense, one of which was their QB taken number 3 overall in the NFL draft. I have no problem with them falling that far because it makes sense. What I find funny though is how teams like Texas A&M don't have the same thing happen to them when they lose their 2 best players that carried their team. Or Georgia. Or Clemson. Or how bout how The Gators lose to an FCS team in the 2nd to last week of the season and get to be ranked 23rd.

What the rankings also tell me is that the AAC is WIDE open. The number one team in the conference is Cincy at 38 with a 77 rating and we are at 81 with a 66.5 rating. Once you get to about #35 it just becomes a guessing game. The Bulls could finish anywhere from 45 to 120. Cincy could be anywhere from 20 to 70. FSU is going to be 1 to 6. It's much easier to figure out just how good the good teams will be.

That's because they have quality depth, which teams on UCF's level don't. Pretty much all their backups could start outside P5.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

They are a worse team than they were last year, so that would make sense. But gloating over Sagarin's computer putting them at 45 and declaring it worldwide proof of last year's team being overrated seems a butt-munch.

This is what my eyes initially read, no offense...

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

UCF played to their competition -- including South Carolina. UCF showed to be extremely consistent, and not just 'good enough'

You may not care about preseason rankings, but according to last year -- the country OVERESTIMATED us...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

We sound like idiots. Can we just shut up about UCF? If that was us we'd be elated.

I find no elation in winning the AAC.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not going to be one of the idiots on here who are downplaying ucf's last season. Yes, they squeeked by some really bad teams last season. But they did find a way to win those games. Something we can't even do right now.

Very telling, seeing people's reactions to the semantics argument between what is "great" and what is "good," or "good enough." 

Yet very understandable, I guess, considering the last 3 years of USF football. 

I'm not going to be one of the idiots on here who are downplaying ucf's last season. Yes, they squeeked by some really bad teams last season. But they did find a way to win those games. Something we can't even do right now.

Assuming this passive-aggressive post was directed at me, it's probably time you re-read this page.  Just because I didn't agree with UCF as being a "great" team doesn't mean I downplayed their season.  They're AAC champs.  Again, good for them.  They played good enough to win, bottom line.  And again, for the definition of a "great" football team, please review the season of the 2013 Florida State Seminoles, who, coincidentally, are the consensus #1 team in the nation AGAIN this year.   

If that doesn't break it down enough for you, I don't know how to help you further. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Very telling, seeing people's reactions to the semantics argument between what is "great" and what is "good," or "good enough." 

Assuming this passive-aggressive post was directed at me, it's probably time you re-read this page.  Just because I didn't agree with UCF as being a "great" team doesn't mean I downplayed their season.  They're AAC champs.  Again, good for them.  They played good enough to win, bottom line.  And again, for the definition of a "great" football team, please review the season of the 2013 Florida State Seminoles, who, coincidentally, are the consensus #1 team in the nation AGAIN this year.   

If that doesn't break it down enough for you, I don't know how to help you further. 

So what about UCF did you think was great?

So what about UCF did you think was great?

They play football in the great state of Florida? 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Think when the dust settles Houston  and Cincy will be fighting for the top ranking in the AAC This year.  Houston returns a good team and their OOC schedule is pretty weak compared to the rest of the AAC Schools.  Cincy ,ECU and UCF have a chance to climb quickly with their OOC games as well if they take care of business.  

USF could also break into the polls if they win their first 4 GAMES (ESP beating Wisky).