• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

100% Improvement over LY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Why do people think we'll have better WR production this year? Aside from (hypothesized) improved QB play I'm not seeing why I should expect more out of the same cast of characters...

Production from the WR position be better.  if you don't have a line that can protect and you don't have decent QB play than all bets are off.  Last year you had one guy (Davis) that could play the position properly.  That means running proper routes and then actually catch the ball when it was thrown to him.  This year, with the addition of Adams (who at least has a year of experience under his belt) plus Welch and Dunkley were each pretty limited in their playing time.  You also have 2 pretty highly thought of freshman coming in (I never count on any productivity from a freshman.  If you get something, great, but never count on it).  

Remember,  when Taggart ran this offense at WKU his TE was the leading receiver.  if Price and  McFarland can create options it creates other options for the receivers.  

Last year we relied on Hopkins way too much.  If I recall, he dropped at least a couple of passes where he was wide open that would have given us another win.

Starts up front and the QB has to be able to deliver, but if Davis is the only real threat at receiver, it is not too hard for a good DC to take him out of the game.  More productivity out of the WR Corp does not necessarily make this a prolific unit, just better than it was.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

A lot of the enthusiasm about the increased WR threats seems to be around Adams. I haven't exactly seen him tearing it up lining opposite of Davis. Did I miss hearing him dominating in practice or the spring game? I don't even think he's slated to be a starter. I'm not sure why people believe Welch/Dunkley finally get "it", but I sure hope so...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

A lot of the enthusiasm about the increased WR threats seems to be around Adams. I haven't exactly seen him tearing it up lining opposite of Davis. Did I miss hearing him dominating in practice or the spring game? I don't even think he's slated to be a starter. I'm not sure why people believe Welch/Dunkley finally get "it", but I sure hope so...

We heard that Adams looked good in Spring, if I recall.

Dunkley has all the tools to be a monster...if he can pull it together, and find a QB to hit him, he should do well.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Maybe all the alcohol consumption explains the irrational expectations of our teams. Games are a blast sober. Give it a "shot".

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Hoping to see at least 6 wins and a bowl game. Want to see USF go to a bowl game every year going forward. 

And with said. I hope USF gets the St Pete Bowl invite!! Great bowl!!! 

Edited by Bull Daly

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Maybe all the alcohol consumption explains the irrational expectations of our teams. Games are a blast sober. Give it a "shot".

Go Bulls!

No

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Go Bulls!

No

Also no

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

the optimism is strong on this board

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

the optimism is strong on this board

48625768.jpg

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315

Man this thread is depressing.  Bulls Nation clearly has Beaten Wife / Football Team syndrome right now.

In 2011 we went 5-7

In 2012 we went 3-9

In 2013 we went 2-10

And you want to know the Bottom Line.   NONE OF THAT **** MATTERS. :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls:

- Coach T even with the bad season pulled in the BEST RECRUITING CLASS OUT OF ALL THE NON-P5 CONFERENCE SCHOOLS. :GoBulls: ,  You know what that means.  USF is STILL even though UCF won the Fiesta Bowl, the place to be in this conference.

- Our team hit the gym hard this offseason and are clearly just as pissed off by what happened last year as we are. :angrymob:  

- Our team for the 1st time in years came out during the spring game and played some solid football.  Got the plays in and snapped with 10+ seconds on the clock.  Made some solid TD plays.  Light years ahead of the disaster that was the 2013 spring game.

**** all this "I would be happy with 5 or 6 wins :facepalm: ." garbage.   I know for a fact that, that isn't true.  It was only a few years ago that Bulls fans were sick of only winning 8 or 9 games a year and finally wanted to see this team break through to the 10 win barrier.  10+ wins and a conference title should ALWAYS be what we want and what our goal is.   I have no doubt in my mind that if after we beat UCF on November 28th, if we are only sitting on a 6-6 record, every person here including myself is not going to be happy.  Far from it.   We might be tolerant to it.  We might be optimistic about the future.  But I swear if we have reached the point as a fanbase where a 6-6 record makes us happy, then maybe we deserve to stay in the lowly AAC forever.  Maybe we don't really deserve an OCS.  Maybe we don't deserve chances to play against the big boys around the country. 

Seriously guys, I am sick of it feeling like a morgue on The Bulls Pen.

IT'S 30 DAYS UNTIL FOOTBALL SEASON  :iconic_u_black::GoBulls::iconic_u_black::GoBulls: .   And guess what we aren't 0-1, 0-2, 0-4, 2-10.  Nope.  We are 0-0 with 12 to go, and I have a feeling some of that old USF magic that made us all diehard fans in the 1st place will show itself again very soon.

• Upvote 4