• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

100% Improvement over LY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I like the hippy

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

HBryan

Hope I'm wrong and we go 12-0 in the regular season and win our bowl game.

As for my success with predictions I called for 2 and 10 LY, called the UC victory and even threw you a bone on leadership changes at Athletics. I guess this is an I told you so post.

Best of luck and go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

HBryan

Hope I'm wrong and we go 12-0 in the regular season and win our bowl game.

As for my success with predictions I called for 2 and 10 LY, called the UC victory and even threw you a bone on leadership changes at Athletics. I guess this is an I told you so post.

Best of luck and go Bulls!

Didn't realize you called 2-10, very good.  It's easy to sandbag to 4-8 and maybe that works for you.  I need a higher upside than 4 wins to get excited for the upcoming season and 4 wins just won't cut it.  Plus, my opinion is that if Taggart has a 4 win season or worse, he will be on a flaming hot seat and the final home games we will be lucky to pass 12,000 in attendance (UCF excluded because they would probably outnumber USF fans).   My prediction is 7-5 and we'll see who's predictions are closer to the truth at the end of the season.  GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

The good thing is we both want a BIG season! I think this year will be the last of the tough ones and next year we'll be much improved.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

**** all this "I would be happy with 5 or 6 wins :facepalm: ." garbage.   I know for a fact that, that isn't true.  It was only a few years ago that Bulls fans were sick of only winning 8 or 9 games a year and finally wanted to see this team break through to the 10 win barrier.  10+ wins and a conference title should ALWAYS be what we want and what our goal is.   I have no doubt in my mind that if after we beat UCF on November 28th, if we are only sitting on a 6-6 record, every person here including myself is not going to be happy.  Far from it.   We might be tolerant to it.  We might be optimistic about the future.  But I swear if we have reached the point as a fanbase where a 6-6 record makes us happy, then maybe we deserve to stay in the lowly AAC forever.  Maybe we don't really deserve an OCS.  Maybe we don't deserve chances to play against the big boys around the country. 

Seriously guys, I am sick of it feeling like a morgue on The Bulls Pen.

A little bit over dramatic and maybe the wrong use of words... If coming off the worst 3 year span in the relatively short history of the program where you averaged 3 wins... that included a 2-10 season, the worst season in the relatively short history of the program ... that included the worst loss in the relatively short history of the program, you're not "happy" with a chance to go back to a bowl and a win over a "hated rival" to end the season, you've got issues. Being "happy" with that THIS year doesn't mean it what's you aim for EVERY year, what you're satisfied with EVERY year but for THIS year, it should make you "happy" considering the recent past and the direction things would appear to be going.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Man this thread is depressing.  Bulls Nation clearly has Beaten Wife / Football Team syndrome right now.

In 2011 we went 5-7

In 2012 we went 3-9

In 2013 we went 2-10

And you want to know the Bottom Line.   NONE OF THAT **** MATTERS. :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls:

- Coach T even with the bad season pulled in the BEST RECRUITING CLASS OUT OF ALL THE NON-P5 CONFERENCE SCHOOLS. :GoBulls: ,  You know what that means.  USF is STILL even though UCF won the Fiesta Bowl, the place to be in this conference.

- Our team hit the gym hard this offseason and are clearly just as pissed off by what happened last year as we are. :angrymob:  

- Our team for the 1st time in years came out during the spring game and played some solid football.  Got the plays in and snapped with 10+ seconds on the clock.  Made some solid TD plays.  Light years ahead of the disaster that was the 2013 spring game.

**** all this "I would be happy with 5 or 6 wins :facepalm: ." garbage.   I know for a fact that, that isn't true.  It was only a few years ago that Bulls fans were sick of only winning 8 or 9 games a year and finally wanted to see this team break through to the 10 win barrier.  10+ wins and a conference title should ALWAYS be what we want and what our goal is.   I have no doubt in my mind that if after we beat UCF on November 28th, if we are only sitting on a 6-6 record, every person here including myself is not going to be happy.  Far from it.   We might be tolerant to it.  We might be optimistic about the future.  But I swear if we have reached the point as a fanbase where a 6-6 record makes us happy, then maybe we deserve to stay in the lowly AAC forever.  Maybe we don't really deserve an OCS.  Maybe we don't deserve chances to play against the big boys around the country. 

IT'S 30 DAYS UNTIL FOOTBALL SEASON  :iconic_u_black::GoBulls::iconic_u_black::GoBulls: .   And guess what we aren't 0-1, 0-2, 0-4, 2-10.  Nope.  We are 0-0 with 12 13 to go, and I have a feeling some of that old USF magic that made us all diehard fans in the 1st place will show itself again very soon.

FIFY

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

the optimism is strong on this board

48625768.jpg

lol, that was actually funny!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

Man this thread is depressing.  Bulls Nation clearly has Beaten Wife / Football Team syndrome right now.

In 2011 we went 5-7

In 2012 we went 3-9

In 2013 we went 2-10

And you want to know the Bottom Line.   NONE OF THAT **** MATTERS. :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls:

- Coach T even with the bad season pulled in the BEST RECRUITING CLASS OUT OF ALL THE NON-P5 CONFERENCE SCHOOLS. :GoBulls: ,  You know what that means.  USF is STILL even though UCF won the Fiesta Bowl, the place to be in this conference.

- Our team hit the gym hard this offseason and are clearly just as pissed off by what happened last year as we are. :angrymob:  

- Our team for the 1st time in years came out during the spring game and played some solid football.  Got the plays in and snapped with 10+ seconds on the clock.  Made some solid TD plays.  Light years ahead of the disaster that was the 2013 spring game.

IT'S 30 DAYS UNTIL FOOTBALL SEASON  :iconic_u_black::GoBulls::iconic_u_black::GoBulls: .   And guess what we aren't 0-1, 0-2, 0-4, 2-10.  Nope.  We are 0-0 with 12 to go, and I have a feeling some of that old USF magic that made us all diehard fans in the 1st place will show itself again very soon.

Solid post. 

I will just say with tempered expectation that 6-6 will make me happy THIS YEAR ONLY. It will be a sign of solid building. I fully expect there to be more kinks to be worked out and I can't imagine every break going our way though that would be truly wonderful. I expect us to be the dominate team in this conference once CWT gets things rolling. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315

A little bit over dramatic and maybe the wrong use of words... If coming off the worst 3 year span in the relatively short history of the program where you averaged 3 wins... that included a 2-10 season, the worst season in the relatively short history of the program ... that included the worst loss in the relatively short history of the program, you're not "happy" with a chance to go back to a bowl and a win over a "hated rival" to end the season, you've got issues. Being "happy" with that THIS year doesn't mean it what's you aim for EVERY year, what you're satisfied with EVERY year but for THIS year, it should make you "happy" considering the recent past and the direction things would appear to be going.

We will just have to agree to disagree then on what would make us "happy" this season.

If we beat W. Carolina, NC State, Tulsa, UConn, SMU, and UCF, and then go to a random bowl game against a Sun Belt team, I won't be satisfied with that season.    

W. Carolina is one of the worst FCS Teams.  Tulsa and UConn are worse then a good chunk of FCS teams and added almost zero talent in recruiting.  We shouldn't just win those games, we should dominate all three.   From there I want to see this team go 5-4 against everyone else.   Wisconsin, ECU, Cincy, and Maryland will all be very tough.   Houston, SMU, Memphis, UCF, and NC State are all beatable.    That's what I expect from this team this year.  8-4 record, where we go back to beating teams that have no business beating us, and then being competitive against legitimate football teams.   Then we can go to a decent bowl and work from there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

We will just have to agree to disagree then on what would make us "happy" this season.

Agreeing to disagree about that is fine ... but denigrating a fanbase because they'd be happy THIS year just getting back to a bowl ..... ANY bowl ....after what we've been through the last couple of years is pretty weak. I'm just going to assume you were being a little more melodramatic than you meant to be and leave it at that. BTW, I do hope your expectations are fulfilled and would be "ecstatic" with that outcome.