• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Depending on which part of the internet you hang out on, 6th is too low, just right, or too high for some fans...

I think to be honest, the AAC is an unknown this year...again. You have 3 more C-USA teams coming in; one had a nice season, one had an okay season (but "nice" in their terms), and one had a subpar season (and they are usually better than that). The league looks like it has a top 3-4 teams in Cincy, Houston, ECU, and UCF, and then right now it looks like a jumbled mess between teams that showed sparks last year (Temple, Memphis, SMU, Tulane), and possible dumpster fires (USF, UCONN, Tulsa), and some of them will improve and some will fall this year.

At this point, I think the team should have a chip on its shoulder, not for any poll or dis that they receive from the media, but from themselves as they have to prove to themselves and the world that last year was truly a rock bottom rebuild.

agree that the Top 4 will  be (in no particular order)  ECU, Cincy, Houston and Unfort UCF. 

Middle of the pack should be(no particular order) USF , SMU and Memphis.

Bottom of the pack should be (no particular order) UConn, Tulane, Temple and Tulsa. 

Here is to hoping for parity again this year but would love to have at LEAST ONE team do really well so the conference gets the at large bid to the Access bowl or playoffs.  Hope that we have at least 6 teams minimum in Bowl games as well, (more bowls means more money for the conference to split evenly to all members).

ECU could very well be a 4 loss team and win the conference  this year which would hurt/ KILL our chances in the access bowl. Their OOC schedule is pretty tuff (early in the season)

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I might be a homer, but *why* is UCF going to be a top team in the AAc this year? Because everyone else sucks? I feel like they're a 6-6 quality team as well...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I might be a homer, but *why* is UCF going to be a top team in the AAc this year? Because everyone else sucks? I feel like they're a 6-6 quality team as well...

Because despite losing their QB, they still have a good chunk of their offense and a lot of returning seniors. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

here is a good read on what they return and what they have accomplished over the past few years.   http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/6/5680238/central-florida-football-2014-preview-schedule-roster.

Pretty impressive " Since the start of 2012, O'Leary's squad has gone 22-5. The Knights have lost to Ohio State, Missouri, and South Carolina and are 22-2 against everybody else. They won at Louisville and Penn State, thumped Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl, and finished 12-1 in 2013".  They not only ended the season in the polls for the second time ever, they finished 10th"   Also they basically return EVERYONE on Defense.   Question mark will be QB.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

im fine with 6th place if it means 6 wins

• Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

So the majority opinions seems to be top 4 of Houston, Cincy, UCF and ECU....?

And how did we fare last year against those very teams? 1-2... With the two losses being down to the wire... And Houston loss because of a bad offensive PI call that was good for a TD? We fared pretty good against those particular teams last year all things considered, and if we're better this year and UCF is likely worse than they were last season, and Houston and CIncy also improve why shouldn't we be in the top 4? I get it, our team is a smoldering dumpster, but if you look at last years games against these top 4 projected teams it's a sloghtly different picture.

If we haven't improved enough to have defeated all of those teams in last years close games than something is wrong. We should be able to finish in the top half and be a toss up between us and any of these other teams that were close games last year.

That is why I think 6th is too low of an expectation. We should expect 4-5, 6 is too low...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

So the majority opinions seems to be top 4 of Houston, Cincy, UCF and ECU....?

And how did we fare last year against those very teams? 1-2... With the two losses being down to the wire... And Houston loss because of a bad offensive PI call that was good for a TD? We fared pretty good against those particular teams last year all things considered, and if we're better this year and UCF is likely worse than they were last season, and Houston and CIncy also improve why shouldn't we be in the top 4? I get it, our team is a smoldering dumpster, but if you look at last years games against these top 4 projected teams it's a sloghtly different picture.

If we haven't improved enough to have defeated all of those teams in last years close games than something is wrong. We should be able to finish in the top half and be a toss up between us and any of these other teams that were close games last year.

That is why I think 6th is too low of an expectation. We should expect 4-5, 6 is too low...

Also we get three of those four teams at home.

I agree if all things work out good with qb and o line we should do well this season. Excited to see what happens.

• Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

here is a good read on what they return and what they have accomplished over the past few years. http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/6/5680238/central-florida-football-2014-preview-schedule-roster.

Pretty impressive " Since the start of 2012, O'Leary's squad has gone 22-5. The Knights have lost to Ohio State, Missouri, and South Carolina and are 22-2 against everybody else. They won at Louisville and Penn State, thumped Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl, and finished 12-1 in 2013". They not only ended the season in the polls for the second time ever, they finished 10th" Also they basically return EVERYONE on Defense. Question mark will be QB.

They have been able to be on the winning side of close games. Great for them, USF always managed to do the opposite. Lets hope we change that this year. USF really needs to top UCF this year in both final game score and conference standings if we want more national prominence.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Because despite losing their QB, they still have a good chunk of their offense and a lot of returning seniors. 

Do they still have Storm Johnson?

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

Storm was drafted by the Jags.

He will be tough to replace, but his replacement  split time last year. Is a straight ahead animal, does not cut and shift to avoid traffic like Storm, but they have a red shirt or two that may fill that role, but not as well as  Storm.

Stanback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVQJA4H2FwU

Edited by footnfan1