• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I might be a homer, but *why* is UCF going to be a top team in the AAc this year? Because everyone else sucks? I feel like they're a 6-6 quality team as well...

here is a good read on what they return and what they have accomplished over the past few years.   http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/6/5680238/central-florida-football-2014-preview-schedule-roster.

Pretty impressive " Since the start of 2012, O'Leary's squad has gone 22-5. The Knights have lost to Ohio State, Missouri, and South Carolina and are 22-2 against everybody else. They won at Louisville and Penn State, thumped Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl, and finished 12-1 in 2013".  They not only ended the season in the polls for the second time ever, they finished 10th"   Also they basically return EVERYONE on Defense.   Question mark will be QB.

Why do I care that they return everyone on defense? We return everyone on offense. It was a lousy offense. They weren't world beaters on D last year.

I can get on board with them being a top 4 AAC team simply because of a dearth of talent in the AAC, but an 8 win season out of them would be huge, imo.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

In most of the 2013 D rankings, UCF was pretty blah....in the mid 20's overall but in the red zone, they ranked 13th. http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/704

I suppose points allowed is king where they ranked 17th.considering that the UCF D line was a MASH unit for the wesecond half of the year that is not spectacular,but terrible. USF's D and D line was spectacular in my opinion

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

In most of the 2013 D rankings, UCF was pretty blah....in the mid 20's overall but in the red zone, they ranked 13th. http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/704

I suppose points allowed is king where they ranked 17th.considering that the UCF D line was a MASH unit for the wesecond half of the year that is not spectacular,but terrible. USF's D and D line was spectacular in my opinion

Most people cite total defense as the metric. UCF was 29th... which was very middle of the pack in the AAC. Going back to the Big East, it's been easier to rank highly.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

That is very fair. 2013 was not the usual brand of GOL win the line of scrimmage type of game plan because UCF could not. This year w/o Blake they must, or revert to being a .500 team,unless Patti or more likely Holman is a QB stud.