• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On Campus Stadium or Indoor Practice Facility

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

No link, but I read where Judy had been quoted as giving credit to football for increasing our SAT scores and higher acceptance standards. Football helped make USF a better academic institution.

Plus nothing brings out scantly clad hotties dressed in tiny shorts better than football tailgating. Halloween is pretty good for that too though.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

@McMurphyESPN3 minutes ago

Florida will build $15 million indoor practice facility; to be completed by September

Must be a Walmart type IPF. Harlan said one costs around $40 mil ...
I don't get Harlans number FSU and Florida only spent $15 mil.

In the "arms race" we may be forced to build one.

I think it was not long after he got here and he probably wasn't that familiar with them considering, I assume, that UCLA had zero need or interest in one ...

Well, LA has basically perfect weather year-round...while Tampa is located in the Lightning Capital of the US Corridor (Tampa to Orlando).

Its the afternoon thunder/lightning storms that happen almost on a daily basis from July to late Sept/early Oct (when teams are practicing) that makes a IPF a priority along the Lightning Corridor of the USA. (That was the main reason why UCF built theirs some 10 years ago...as while you can practice in rain, you can't practice if lightning is in the area....as now most FLA Univ have lightning detector systems which help warn about incoming bad weather).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,602
  • Days Won:  424

@McMurphyESPN3 minutes agoFlorida will build $15 million indoor practice facility; to be completed by September

I think it was not long after he got here and he probably wasn't that familiar with them considering, I assume, that UCLA had zero need or interest in one ...

Well, LA has basically perfect weather year-round...while Tampa is located in the Lightning Capital of the US Corridor (Tampa to Orlando).

Its the afternoon thunder/lightning storms that happen almost on a daily basis from July to late Sept/early Oct (when teams are practicing) that makes a IPF a priority along the Lightning Corridor of the USA. (That was the main reason why UCF built theirs some 10 years ago...as while you can practice in rain, you can't practice if lightning is in the area....as now most FLA Univ have lightning detector systems which help warn about incoming bad weather).

Thank you, Roy Leep. I assumed that UCLA had no need because of the beautiful So Cal weather. Didn't think I needed to spell it out because most on this board are informed people who are aware of that fact. Thank you, though, for clarifying for your lurking Kanigit brethren

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

@McMurphyESPN3 minutes agoFlorida will build $15 million indoor practice facility; to be completed by September

Thank you, Roy Leep. I assumed that UCLA had no need because of the beautiful So Cal weather. Didn't think I needed to spell it out because most on this board are informed people who are aware of that fact. Thank you, though, for clarifying for your lurking Kanigit brethren

Problem with the Minnie Mouse tards is that they can't comprehend things that are implied. It was to be stated clearly or they don't understand. Smilies_Funny_ChewieDancing.gif

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Whenever we build an IPF, I would prefer it NOT to look like an airplane hangar like UCF's.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Whenever we build an IPF, I would prefer it NOT to look like an airplane hangar like UCF's.

You'll get what we give you and like it. 😃

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

College or pros. They all look like airplane hangers.

College or pros. They all look like airplane hangers.

The Atlanta Falcons IPF most definitely does not look like an airplane hangar.

Actually yeah it does - inside. Drive by it several times a week and it doesn't from the outside.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Dolphins IPF; looks like a pillow or a bubble wrap envelope