• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Oladokun, QB, Alonso HS (2016)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Is this kid still waffling between us and the Cyclones?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

32 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Is this kid still waffling between us and the Cyclones?

He's been warm on Iowa State for awhile now. Who knows what these kids are thinking or what they'll do.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

He's not going to Iowa State... puh-lease

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On Tuesday, January 05, 2016 at 3:49 PM, WWMJD said:

He's not going to Iowa State... puh-lease

You sound very assured. Care to share why?

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

All he posts about on twitter is USF and trying to get other players here.

2 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

You sound very assured. Care to share why?

No special inside knowledge. I just see no benefit to him

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

On 1/8/2016 at 1:05 PM, WWMJD said:

No special inside knowledge. I just see no benefit to him

You mean other than it's a BigXII team in the P5. Other than that, I'd agree with "who wants to go there!?"

49 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

You mean other than it's a BigXII team in the P5. Other than that, I'd agree with "who wants to go there!?"

If it were the SEC, or a good Big 12 team, maybe. But it's not, and they're not. Don't have anything against the school, and I could totally see just about anyone (including him) jump for a perceived better offer late in the game - I'd be real worried if Miami etc came knocking. I just don't think that Iowa State has a ton of upside for him.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

21 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

If it were the SEC, or a good Big 12 team, maybe. But it's not, and they're not. Don't have anything against the school, and I could totally see just about anyone (including him) jump for a perceived better offer late in the game - I'd be real worried if Miami etc came knocking. I just don't think that Iowa State has a ton of upside for him.

What would you tell him if he said?

• I think it would be pretty cool to play Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State every year and even cooler that I get to go to those historic stadiums.
  • College is about more than football and Iowa State has a better academic reputation.
  • Also, when I'm not playing football, I like other sports and I'm a big basketball fan.
  • I'd like to see if I have what it takes to go up against a Big 12 schedule week in and week out. I think it will make me a better football player.

Why should I go to USF, coach?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Easy, "If you love Iowa state go to Iowa State. But, if you love playing for championships with your friends while your family watches in the stands, come to USF and make a name for yourself like George Selvie, Mike Jenkins, Quinton Flowers, Marlon Mack and many others have done."

• It's cool playing storied programs, but not so cool if it's constantly being pounded by them. If it were that strong of a factor every so called P5 team would recruit better than every team not a so called P5
  • Academics are great, but if it was that strong of a factor teams like Vandy would pull in more top recruits. A degree from USF is just as valuable for most of the people that attend - it's what you do with it that matters, unless you're truly in the ivy league making connections through college.
  • Basketball is fun, but if it was that strong of a factor teams like Duke would pull in more top recruits.
  • Having enough playing time and an encouraging environment to realize your potential is the best way to make the most of a football player.

It's fun to play devil's advocate, but USF has great advantages that players relate to and recruits better than a 3rd of the teams in the so called P5. Nothing against them as an institution, but that includes Iowa State.

Edited by CRBULL