• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An introduction and a couple of questions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I wish we were winning so the atmospehere would be better for these guys.

Yeah, that's a downer for sure. Oh well, the ones that will be there will be the true green & gold crowd out to have a good time. Plus, they can probably "upgrade" to some better seats.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks for all the advice guys. We're all 40ish so won't be there with the students but will probably do a fair bit of damage to the local brews. I'll point the other guys at this thread and see what they like the look of.

I would guess that Mons Venus will be high on the list but outside that we're over for the football and a bit of relaxation.

I'll check in again tomorrow after the other two have had a chance to read this and let you know what we plan.

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the advice guys. We're all 40ish so won't be there with the students but will probably do a fair bit of damage to the local brews. I'll point the other guys at this thread and see what they like the look of.

I would guess that Mons Venus will be high on the list but outside that we're over for the football and a bit of relaxation.

I'll check in again tomorrow after the other two have had a chance to read this and let you know what we plan.

Thanks again!

If you plan on going to Mons Venus, you can basically walk to the Cigar City Brewery which has a tasting room (basically a bar).....both establishments are owned by the beloved Redner family.    Cigar City also has a restuarant/bar about 20 minutes North of the Stadium in Carrollwood (just drive up Dale Mabry heading north).   Younger, hip'ish, college bar scene is all along Howard Ave and all walkable from bar to bar (MacDitons is the most popular & very crowded, World of Beer is cool, The Lime - pretentious, The Lodge - packed , most of the nicer restuarants are around International Mall (Eddie V's, Ocean Prime, Ruth Chris, a couple of Brazilian meat house resturuants, bunch of nice bar/restuarants in International Mall.  Sports bars:  Brickhouse (very popular), Selmons by International Mall, Hooters on Hillsborough, Selmons in Carrollwood.  Four Green Fields is "the" local Irish pub of Tampa, Irish 31 is pretty nice.   Davis Island is quant area with a few OK restuarants/bars all walkable.  Some good sushi restuarants around in South Tampa.

Alot depends on what area were you are staying.

Here's my plan for you.....you can thank me later:

Day1:

My recommendation for a big night:  Do dinner at Berns Steak House (ask for a tour of the kitchen, wine cellar) on Howard and then the bar scene'ry afterwards on Howard.  Finish it up with a late Visit to Mon's Venus and then head over to the Taco Bus on Hillsborough Ave (don't veer off the path to far) for some late Taco's.

Day 2:  

Do a day at the beach, go to St. Pete Beach (down by the Hurrican Restuarant which overlooks the beach), have drinks up on the 3rd roof floor at the Hurricane and then head over to downtown St. Pete along Gulf Beach Drive and have dinner at BellaBrava  Gratzzi or any of the restaurants in that classy/hip area that all overlooks the Bay.

Day 3:  If your a golfer, go golfing at World Woods "Pine Barrens" course in Brooksville or even better Black Diamond in Lecanto if you have "pull".

Advice: 

1) Watch were you drive - mostly at night, Tampa is has good and bad area's all mixed together. 

2)  Don't give $ to the pandhandlers at every intersection....they are professionals

(Day 2 edits) As for Italian http://www.gratzzigrille.com/ blows away bella brava , granted not on the water/park front. Good rooftop bar downtown is Canopy. Also any of the 6 or so breweries downtown is worth a stop as well as the Ale and the Witch. There is a killer Thai place called Saab Cafe, for bbq there is Urban Brew and BBQ. In my opinion one of the best burger Joints I have ever been to is near downtown as well, Worth stopping at Eng No. 9. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks CPR. We'll have fun regardless but it would be great to see a win.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

(Day 2 edits) As for Italian http://www.gratzzigrille.com/ blows away bella brava , granted not on the water/park front. Good rooftop bar downtown is Canopy. Also any of the 6 or so breweries downtown is worth a stop as well as the Ale and the Witch. There is a killer Thai place called Saab Cafe, for bbq there is Urban Brew and BBQ. In my opinion one of the best burger Joints I have ever been to is near downtown as well, Worth stopping at Eng No. 9.

Thanks mate - we should be nicely pickled by game time!

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

"Upgrade".....pffft they dont even check tickets anymore in season ticket sections.....could buy the 10 dollar seats and walk down there

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

"Upgrade".....pffft they dont even check tickets anymore in season ticket sections.....could buy the 10 dollar seats and walk down there

Pretty sure that's why he put upgrade in quote marks ....

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

The only Hooters on earth worse than Channelside in the one in DC's Chinatown.

Ha so true...I'm not sure if Chinatown DC but the one I visited in DC was really really bad.

And yes Berns is overrated..the desert room is only reason to vist.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Pretty sure that's why he put upgrade in quote marks ....

zactly

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

The only Hooters on earth worse than Channelside in the one in DC's Chinatown.

Ha so true...I'm not sure if Chinatown DC but the one I visited in DC was really really bad.

And yes Berns is overrated..the desert room is only reason to vist.

Opinions are like.... you know, we all have one.  We brought some friends that are NC State fans to Bern's Friday night.  Their son cooks at a 5 star place up in NC and they found Bern's, the whole experience, entirely satisfying.  Said it was one of the best meals they've ever had especially for the money.