• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I'm long on Tice.

A lot of Tice's progress will come down to his footwork. He looked kind of tentative last year and didn't really play as a one cut runner. Hopefully some of that will improve with a better line, but he still has to work on it. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

I'm long on Tice.

A lot of Tice's progress will come down to his footwork. He looked kind of tentative last year and didn't really play as a one cut runner. Hopefully some of that will improve with a better line, but he still has to work on it. 

I thought he took on contact way too much - almost at times looking for it. I would like to see him actually get past the O- line and gain a head of stream before trying to truck some fool.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i see nothing wrong with looking for some contact

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I like Tice, he showed a lot last year as a true freshman and I think we will see improvements this year as well. Not sure what's up with McCray, his HS highlight film is great and he's bulked up HUGE since then, hope to see him break out this year. I'd also like to see Swanson boldering up the middle.

I'd hope we can redshirt our two highly regarded freshman so they can bulk up and learn the playbook.

And Pierre was a practice hero last year as well and did nothing when it was game time.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629
  • Days Won:  0

Pierre was a complete waste of time last year. Hand ball off, run straight up middle, get two yards or less. Cool. If Willie Davis can shore up his fumbling he should get more carries. He had some amazing carries last year with little to no help

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think Tice starts the season as the starter but by the end of the season Mack or Johnson will be splitting carries.  Both are just so much more athletically gifted than the guys we currently have on the roster to keep off the field.  One of the two explosive youngsters will get on the field to give us a real home run threat.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The job should belong to Tice. I really don't see how it could be close. I hope CWT stays with one guy for the majority of plays instead of platooning in RBs.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

But what if the gifted recruits come in and burn up the field? Tice & Davis are what we know from last year, but if they get overshadowed I'm all for putting the most talented dude behind the QB. I'm just happy we have a healthy competition back there.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116

The one good thing is that if our line is as good as advertised, and so are the RBs, we will never have a tired backfield. We could literally tire out opposing teams by the fourth quarter. Just got to hope the backups get much better. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780

I missed the articles on our offensive line being advertised as good.  This is still a big wait and see for me.  With the exception of Popek we have the same five linemen.  Look forward to seeing Gudmundsson & Williams in a starting role and hope for much improvement from Jozwiak, Reiter & Eatmon.  Williams will hopefully step into the starting role and will not disappoint.  I think the weight gain and improved strength & conditioning will help.  I know we had a lot of injuries last year, which certainly factored into the overall poor performance of the offensive line...hopefully no excuses this year.