• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach O hire not looking to hot to me

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

Long way to go before we can tell. Sucks to lose Egbunu but that is just life. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

If he is a good recruit he should have been able to keep Egbunu

What makes you believe this?  Do you have some insight as to why Egbunu decided to leave?

No he doesn't.

Nobody has any idea why any of them have left, except for Josh and Hawkins ...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Out of the known defections, only Egbunu's will sting a bit. 

The lack of experience was likely going to sting even before Egbunu's departure ...

I think it's unfair to say that at this point. I think the conditioning of this current Bulls squad leaves much to be desired, and the new training regimine may have more to do with the player departures than lack of coaching experience. Coach O hasn't been the head coach at D1 basketball, but he has led the Dominican Republic's squad to some global respectability in the last few years. He's got the DR qualified for the FIBA world championships, which the DR hadn't accomplished since 1978.  

Not only that, but Coach O hasn't even coached his first USF game. Let's wait to see what this staff can do before we start pulling out the pitchforks. This may just be addition by subtraction, as I know there were rumblings of lockerroom cancers on the team in the last few years.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

:popcorn:

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Randy justa trooooollllllin 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  358
  • Days Won:  1

If he is a good recruit he should have been able to keep Egbunu

What makes you believe this?  Do you have some insight as to why Egbunu decided to leave?

No he doesn't.

Nobody has any idea why any of them have left, except for Josh and Hawkins ...

Part of being a good recruit is being a good salesman.There might of been nothing the new coach could have done to keep him here, I just hope that he went all out to try to keep him. I hope Coach O didn't coming acting like he was all that and a bag of chips becuase he was a assistant at Kentucky.We don't see Kids like John picking to come to USF every year so it's hard to see a guy that will play in the NBA get away from us. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Winners want to win, losers want to lose.

Just ask all of the defections from the football team once Taggart came in and started installing discipline and accountability. Lynch would have declared for the draft regardless of his draft stock, if it meant getting away from an environment that demanded work and commitment. 

Same goes here. Committed players will stay committed. Everyone else will fall off one way or another. 

Give the guy a break, buddy. Its only been like a month since he got hired. Calm your tits. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

You must hate CWT then.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Out of the known defections, only Egbunu's will sting a bit. 

The lack of experience was likely going to sting even before Egbunu's departure ...

I think it's unfair to say that at this point. I think the conditioning of this current Bulls squad leaves much to be desired, and the new training regimine may have more to do with the player departures than lack of coaching experience. Coach O hasn't been the head coach at D1 basketball, but he has led the Dominican Republic's squad to some global respectability in the last few years. He's got the DR qualified for the FIBA world championships, which the DR hadn't accomplished since 1978.  

Not only that, but Coach O hasn't even coached his first USF game. Let's wait to see what this staff can do before we start pulling out the pitchforks. This may just be addition by subtraction, as I know there were rumblings of lockerroom cancers on the team in the last few years.

Whoa, wasn't talking about coaching experience but rather player experience. Right now we have five players with game playing experience at this level. One, McLendon has been mentioned as also leaving and another, Omo, had a grand total of 24 minutes last year. Clayton and Ziegler having been here a year already will help some but there's going to still be a lot green Green and Gold that will need to be heavy contributors ...

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

If we had come from a great season and made the NCAA's, yes, it's a terrible thing.

But we lost, what, the last nine or something? And the head coach got the boot.

It's like crying about the girlfriend leaving. She wasn't pretty --and she was really mean!

I'm looking to the future with hopeful eyes.

Go Bulls!