• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach O hire not looking to hot to me

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Ah, I get it.  :lmao:

Saying the hire doesn't look too good is like looking at the construction site of a house being built and saying that the house doesn't look too good when all they have worked on is the frame.

Not even the frame.  It's more like they're still clearing the site.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Where the OP is mistaken is not that the hire was bad...most fans on here have confidence in Coach O's coaching ability...some of us are just certain that we will suck beyond suck the next year or two, and with the new degrees of suck that this school has proven it is capable of the last few years...it gets to you after awhile.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Where the OP is mistaken is not that the hire was bad...most fans on here have confidence in are optimistic about Coach O's coaching ability since he's never actually been a D1 head coach...some of us are just certain that we will suck beyond suck the next year or two, and with the new degrees of suck that this school has proven it is capable of the last few years...it gets to you after awhile.

I think that is closer to the truth.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I love how some people are so positive, I mean we can't do anything about what's happening we don't have any control anyways. Keep it real though guys, So far not so good. If he is a good recruit he should have been able to keep Egbunu, which is starting to scare me that he couldn't do. I watched just about ever game last year and Egbunu will be missed on the court, I'm sure his stock went up since he was recruited in high school.He played hard and you could see all that potential. One thing is recruiting at Kentucky another this is recruiting here and winning here. Stan Recruited at Michigan State and won a lot over there but that didn't mean anything here.On that note, I would hate to see another bad see next year it was hard enough watching this year.

It's all rainbows and puppies on the Bullspen.

You two guys need to go listen to The Cure. It'll help, really... ;)

Robert Smith knows that Boys Don't Cry!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Optimism is all any of us have left as USF fans, and some of us don't even have that blessing. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If he is a good recruit he should have been able to keep Egbunu

What makes you believe this?  Do you have some insight as to why Egbunu decided to leave?

No he doesn't.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Saying the hire doesn't look too good is like looking at the construction site of a house being built and saying that the house doesn't look too good when all they have worked on is the frame.

Not even the frame.  It's more like they're still clearing the site.

took da woids right outta me mouf ...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Optimism is all any of us have left as USF fans, and some of us don't even have that blessing. 

This.

Although I've stated on the board several times in the past that we must be at rock bottom, and I have turned out to be wrong.  I'm hoping this is rock bottom finally:  We are dead last at MBB and football.  Optimism is a safe bet.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

coach o gets 2 more classes in my book before i criticize his recruiting

The 2015 and 2016 classes are the ones Coach O gets judged by, not the 2014 class that he is trying to scrap together. No coach in College basketball gets judged by a class that he hasn't had real and fair time to recruit.

Now it may turn out that he can put together a solid 2014 class late like this. Getting Guerrero, Thomas, and Canty would tremendous additions this late in the game. There are other PGs and players coming available seemingly every day and the transfer list continues to grow at a record pace.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

coach o gets 2 more classes in my book before i criticize his recruiting

The 2015 and 2016 classes are the ones Coach O gets judged by, not the 2014 class that he is trying to scrap together. No coach in College basketball gets judged by a class that he hasn't had real and fair time to recruit.

Now it may turn out that he can put together a solid 2014 class late like this. Getting Guerrero, Thomas, and Canty would tremendous additions this late in the game. There are other PGs and players coming available seemingly every day and the transfer list continues to grow at a record pace.

I'm afraid of what we'll look like next year with a patchwork first-year team, but then I remember how ugly this last season was. I'd have to work harder to be pessimistic, not worth it.