• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Antigua's coaching staff

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

All the activity with CoachO makes me wonder what would have happened had we not checked Massielo's school records.

It sure seems like we got the better deal in the end ...

Pretty sure Masiello would have been hiring coaches and going after recruits, too ... So far looks like we've got a pretty good deal with COA but no way we'll ever know if it's a better deal than with Masiello or not.

And we never will but that won't stop us from whining about it after Coach O's first loss - or the 2nd - or the...... you get the idea. 

You're too pessimistic. Its not like we sit around arguing over whether or not CWT was the right choice as football coach just because he lost a few games last year...

Not being pessimistic about the hire at all.  Just pointing out that there are guys on here that will claim that we would have been better off with Masiello after we lose a few games or don't make the post season or whatever.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

All the activity with CoachO makes me wonder what would have happened had we not checked Massielo's school records.

Well if you remember the tweets from Holston and his mom about what they thought of Coach Massielo, if he would have gotten the job, not only would the same guys be gone, likely so would Troy. Then who knows what Chris Perry would have done. I like Coach Mass, but no where it states he's a better recruiter then Coach O or with the massive amount of connections both in the states and out of it. Coach Mass has proven he's a better CBB coach because we have seen that where as Coach O has never coached in CBB. However looking at it now, USF got the right head coach with what they needed.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Well if you remember the tweets from Holston and his mom about what they thought of Coach Massielo, if he would have gotten the job, not only would the same guys be gone, likely so would Troy. Then who knows what Chris Perry would have done. I like Coach Mass, but no where it states he's a better recruiter then Coach O or with the massive amount of connections both in the states and out of it. Coach Mass has proven he's a better CBB coach because we have seen that where as Coach O has never coached in CBB. However looking at it now, USF got the right head coach with what they needed.

Agreed

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Want to agree with you, I like the fit. Just want to see something actually pan out for a change.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

Want to agree with you, I like the fit. Just want to see something actually pan out for a change.

We should know in a couple of years if he's the right coach or not ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,458
  • Days Won:  13

when we are looking for a new coach.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

1242032674_obama-hesitate.gif

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

:roflmao:

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Pretty sure Masiello would have been hiring coaches and going after recruits, too ... So far looks like we've got a pretty good deal with COA but no way we'll ever know if it's a better deal than with Masiello or not.

And we never will but that won't stop us from whining about it after Coach O's first loss - or the 2nd - or the...... you get the idea.

You're too pessimistic. Its not like we sit around arguing over whether or not CWT was the right choice as football coach just because he lost a few games last year...

Not being pessimistic about the hire at all. Just pointing out that there are guys on here that will claim that we would have been better off with Masiello after we lose a few games or don't make the post season or whatever.

Really need more positivity.

• Upvote 1