• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Antigua's coaching staff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^^ grammar's a pain. But no, his statement is saying "before the weekend in question (the one), the announcement will be made." [edit] " x before which y will happen" means y is going to happen before x.

You can sure tell it's the offseason ... I think you switched words around there, thereby totally misinterpreting it. The weekend is the subject in his reply, not the announcement. He was responding to my statement about which weekend would the announcement be before. The answer should have been the weekend after the announcement, not the weekend before the announcement. 

Your serve ...

This is hilarious, we're putting people to sleep here. So everyone but Trip please go to sleep now and forgive me...okay Bull Martin can grab some popcorn...

It's all about the two subjects, "the one" and "the announcement", and their order of occurrence. "The announcement" is secondary but relative to "the one" by the preposition "before". But what does "which" refer to? It's the main subject, "the weekend/the one". So if which = the weekend, you could rephrase it to say "before the weekend, the announcement will be made." The announcement is made before said weekend.

If you take out the word "which", it changes the order of events to read the way you interpreted it: "...the weekend before the announcement is made". Then, the weekend happens first. "Which" changes the structure. If that doesn't clear it up, I'm sorry dude, I don't know how to clear it up. I'm already full-on pointy-glasses exposed here...I won't make it worse. :D

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I love this place sometimes  :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Yes, I know there's a target on my back...[edit] removed stupid picture.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Grammar police!

Der isnt nutin rong-wit hed röte

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

13842414566271.jpg?resize=400%2C415

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

^^ grammar's a pain. But no, his statement is saying "before the weekend in question (the one), the announcement will be made." [edit] " x before which y will happen" means y is going to happen before x.

You can sure tell it's the offseason ... I think you switched words around there, thereby totally misinterpreting it. The weekend is the subject in his reply, not the announcement. He was responding to my statement about which weekend would the announcement be before. The answer should have been the weekend after the announcement, not the weekend before the announcement. 

Your serve ...

This is hilarious, we're putting people to sleep here. So everyone but Trip please go to sleep now and forgive me...okay Bull Martin can grab some popcorn...

It's all about the two subjects, "the one" and "the announcement", and their order of occurrence. "The announcement" is secondary but relative to "the one" by the preposition "before". But what does "which" refer to? It's the main subject, "the weekend/the one". So if which = the weekend, you could rephrase it to say "before the weekend, the announcement will be made." The announcement is made before said weekend.

If you take out the word "which", it changes the order of events to read the way you interpreted it: "...the weekend before the announcement is made". Then, the weekend happens first. "Which" changes the structure. If that doesn't clear it up, I'm sorry dude, I don't know how to clear it up. I'm already full-on pointy-glasses exposed here...I won't make it worse. :D

Aw **** .... You know, you suck at explaining stuff! All you had to say in the beginning was "You dumbass, you ARE having a brain fart. You are totally ignoring the word "which" in his statement."  B)

Still have 4 1/2 months until kickoff ... Now what can we argue about?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

OCS?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Demotivational_Grammar_by_Nenja_Black.jp

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

OCS?

I was thinking more Star Trek vs Star Wars ...