• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Antigua's coaching staff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Just went back and read all the links. HS basketball coach.

As long as there are experienced coaches on staff,I have no problem with someone getting a start here.

Clearly there should be no excuse for lack of guard development, but where is the Big Man coach? Where is the local coach? If Coach O is going the HS route then someone like Tampa's Joe Felon, Chucky Atkins, or Jordan would be better picks. Wouldn't need a NYC HS coach if Oliver Antigua is suppose to be on the staff and he's just removed from the HS ranks himself. Between him, Strickland, Coach O, NYC should be covered. My gosh who's the experience voice in the huddle?

I know we are going to be more guard oriented going forward, but man a staff needs someone the can coach up a Big Man and help recruit one.

If Jerry McCullough is going to be on staff then something must've happened where Oliver won't be coming. I just don't see the need for both.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

As long as there are experienced coaches on staff,I have no problem with someone getting a start here.

Clearly there should be no excuse for lack of guard development, but where is the Big Man coach? Where is the local coach? If Coach O is going the HS route then someone like Tampa's Joe Felon, Chucky Atkins, or Jordan would be better picks. Wouldn't need a NYC HS coach if Oliver Antigua is suppose to be on the staff and he's just removed from the HS ranks himself. Between him, Strickland, Coach O, NYC should be covered. My gosh who's the experience voice in the huddle?

I know we are going to be more guard oriented going forward, but man a staff needs someone the can coach up a Big Man and help recruit one.

If Jerry McCullough is going to be on staff then something must've happened where Oliver won't be coming. I just don't see the need for both.

Until Chucky finishes his degree, he's not likely to coach at USF, unless USF changes that policy.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Until Chucky finishes his degree, he's not likely to coach at USF, unless the State of Florida changes that policy.

FIFY

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Wonder if there's been some kind of hold up ... and yes, I know it doesn't specify which weekend.

A hold up in Tampa!? Say it ain't so...

stick_em_up_cat_burglar.jpg

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Until Chucky finishes his degree, he's not likely to coach at USF, unless the State of Florida changes that policy.

FIFY

Right, spaced on it being a state law. Thanks.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

By Jon Rothstein | CBS Sports

April 10, 2014 12:23 pm ET

Rod Strickland will join Orlando Antigua's staff at South Florida as an assistant coach, multiple sources told CBSSports.com.

An official announcement is expected before the weekend.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24521114/rod-strickland-joining-staff-at-usf

Wonder if there's been some kind of hold up ... and yes, I know it doesn't specify which weekend.

'The' weekend.  You know, the one before after which the announcement will be made.  Glad I could help.

You were that close to having a great post ... Fixed it for you.  ;)

Rod Strickland will join Orlando Antigua's staff at South Florida as an assistant coach, multiple sources told CBSSports.com.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24521114/rod-strickland-joining-staff-at-usf

'The' weekend.  You know, the one before after which the announcement will be made.  Glad I could help.

Not to :facepalm:  you, but really the original one was right...

Not to :facepalm:  you, but really the original one was right...

No, it wasn't. The weekend being referred to will come after the announcement, not before the announcement .... unless I'm having a huge brain fart.

^^ grammar's a pain. But no, his statement is saying "before the weekend in question (the one), the announcement will be made." [edit] " x before which y will happen" means y is going to happen before x.

Edited by raptorcj

^^ grammar's a pain. But no, his statement is saying "before the weekend in question (the one), the announcement will be made." [edit] " x before which y will happen" means y is going to happen before x.

You can sure tell it's the offseason ... I think you switched words around there, thereby totally misinterpreting it. The weekend is the subject in his reply, not the announcement. He was responding to my statement about which weekend would the announcement be before. The answer should have been the weekend after the announcement, not the weekend before the announcement. 

Your serve ...