• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pearl, Grant, Pelphrey, Martin, etc.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

So we bring in some flyer from a smaller school that happened to have one god run in the NCAA Tourny. If that's the case USF basketball will suck yesterday, will suck today, and will suck forever.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

It is because the SEC has no shame in hiring slimeballs like that. He fits right into the Sorry Ethics Conference. Pluse that conference has tons of crappy teams that he will pile up wins right when he gets there. All he has to worry about right now are UF and UK. The rest of the teams in the SEC are a joke. The AAC is a much tougher conference in hoops top to bottom. 

So Daly if Pearl was the USF coach, would you stop being a fan of USF hoops?

I would turn into Vega II and call for Pearl's head since day one. No worries though because I know that USF is not interested in that type of person. Never  has and never will be. USF would have to find a lot of currupt boosters to change that mindset at USF. USF has boosters that pay tons of the bills and they are big on ethics at USF. Noone will change their mind. Sorry. 

This has nothing to do with me and if you call for a coaches head from day 1 then you are in a category all your own. I still would like for you to answer the question, would you stop being an USF hoops fan if Pearl were to become the head coach?

Lets get this straight, I am a USF fan 1st and foremost. I support all that is USF. I seriously doubt that Pearl would ever get a chance to coach at USF because that is just not how it is done here at USF. You should know that by now. It would be very hard to root for USF knowing all that Pearl has done in the past. Yes, it is the past. A tiger does not change strips, and Pearl is that tiger that would get USF in trouble with the NCAA.  Bringing in scum like Pearl would risk losing a lot our major big dollar donors and USF will not take that risk. 

You are right!!!! That is not the USF way!!!! I live and breathe USF 24/7 and I don't know if I could support Pearl!!! But if Pearl is hired I will support him because I support the university!!!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

So we bring in some flyer from a smaller school that happened to have one god run in the NCAA Tourny. If that's the case USF basketball will suck yesterday, will suck today, and will suck forever.

I agree and I doubt they will be doing that. It is too much of a risk in all the investments that they have already made for the hoops program. I expect a well known coach that can help convince our talented freshmen to stay at USF. Bringing in some flash in a pan will be too much as a risk. 

And if they fail to bring in that big name coach at USF then they failed. They failed big time as they could have just kept Heath for another year. The pressure is on Judy and the boosters on this one. Harlan will take the blame though if this next hire fails. It is just the way it is. 

Edited by Bull Daly

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I agree and I doubt they will be doing that. It is too much of a risk in all the investments that they have already made for the hoops program. I expect a well known coach that can help convince our talented freshmen to stay at USF. Bringing in some flash in a pan will be too much as a risk. 

And if they fail to bring in that big name coach at USF then they failed. They failed big time as they could have just kept Heath for another year. The pressure is on Judy and the boosters on this one. Harlan will take the blame though if this next hire fails. It is just the way it is. 

Daly check your inbox

It is because the SEC has no shame in hiring slimeballs like that. He fits right into the Sorry Ethics Conference. Pluse that conference has tons of crappy teams that he will pile up wins right when he gets there. All he has to worry about right now are UF and UK. The rest of the teams in the SEC are a joke. The AAC is a much tougher conference in hoops top to bottom. 

So Daly if Pearl was the USF coach, would you stop being a fan of USF hoops?

I would turn into Vega II and call for Pearl's head since day one. No worries though because I know that USF is not interested in that type of person. Never  has and never will be. USF would have to find a lot of currupt boosters to change that mindset at USF. USF has boosters that pay tons of the bills and they are big on ethics at USF. Noone will change their mind. Sorry. 

This has nothing to do with me and if you call for a coaches head from day 1 then you are in a category all your own. I still would like for you to answer the question, would you stop being an USF hoops fan if Pearl were to become the head coach?

Lets get this straight, I am a USF fan 1st and foremost. I support all that is USF. I seriously doubt that Pearl would ever get a chance to coach at USF because that is just not how it is done here at USF. You should know that by now. It would be very hard to root for USF knowing all that Pearl has done in the past. Yes, it is the past. A tiger does not change strips, and Pearl is that tiger that would get USF in trouble with the NCAA.  Bringing in scum like Pearl would risk losing a lot our major big dollar donors and USF will not take that risk. 

You are right!!!! That is not the USF way!!!! I live and breathe USF 24/7 and I don't know if I could support Pearl!!! But if Pearl is hired I will support him because I support the university!!!

We all will love the winning. But then we all will be crying once Pearl gets USF in trouble with the NCAA. I consider Pearl the Petrino on the hardwood. He will get you wins, but the long run it would be a disaster. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Pearl is a rat, liar, scumbag. May have won a lot of games. But he just does not fit the USF way. And that is having good ethics. The boosters and Judy will never give him a chance. They will see where he lied to the NCAA. They will see when he tried to blackmail a recruit because he didnt sign with him. They will see that Tenn fired him after he committed more NCAA violations even after the BBQ incident. His ban ends this summer, so you can bet the Sorry Ethics Conference will bring him back because they dont really care.

Judy won't stop Harlan from hiring Pearl if that's who he wants. I highly doubts that Judy is willing to stand in the way of a Pearl hiring right now.

Judy has proven it's time for her to step out of the way.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

As stated on another thread. this is no time to think small.  This is an exciting time for USF basketball and right in Harlan's wheelhouse.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Does anyone know if we hired Pearl if we could put a clause in his contract that states if he gets us in trouble with the NCAA he can be fired with cause thus we wouldn't have to pay him?

Pearl is a rat, liar, scumbag. May have won a lot of games. But he just does not fit the USF way. And that is having good ethics. The boosters and Judy will never give him a chance. They will see where he lied to the NCAA. They will see when he tried to blackmail a recruit because he didnt sign with him. They will see that Tenn fired him after he committed more NCAA violations even after the BBQ incident. His ban ends this summer, so you can bet the Sorry Ethics Conference will bring him back because they dont really care.

Judy won't stop Harlan from hiring Pearl if that's who he wants. I highly doubts that Judy is willing to stand in the way of a Pearl hiring right now.

Judy has proven it's time for her to step out of the way.

Cant tell the boosters to step out of the way. She meets with the BOT/Boosters. She will always be their mouth piece. Harlan will have a lot of say on who he wants to hire after all it is his neck on the line. But those boosters will need to be sold by Harlan on who USF will hire. It is the way the money works. USF does not want to get Kragtharped by the good ole buddy network. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Does anyone know if we hired Pearl if we could put a clause in his contract that states if he gets us in trouble with the NCAA he can be fired with cause thus we wouldn't have to pay him?

We will never hire Pearl! NEVER!!!!!!