• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Pearl, Grant, Pelphrey, Martin, etc.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,194
  • Days Won:  42

I can tell you right now that USF will not condiser the following coaches as there has either been burned down bridges or too much dirt attached. 

Bruce Pearl - Scum bag to many in colllege hoops. Sure he wins, but in the end he will have USF in NCAA violations. He had problems at just about every place he went. No way do the big time boosters let him get the USF job. He is out!!!

Anthony Grant -  He was a top candidate to take the job after Seth Greenberg left. He interviewed with LRS. He looked at our facilities at the time and he said Hell no!!!!  He opted for VCU later on instead. No way USF goes to him twice and take a chance of getting told no twice. Bridge has been burned down, so he is out

John Pelphrey -- Similar response to what Grant gave to USF. John was a top candidate to take over after McCullum was fired. He visited to USF campus and got a tour of the facilities at the time. And he said Hell No!!! Ended up getting the Ark job. It was poetic justice to see Heath make the tourney with USF after being fired from Ark ( Because they were trying to get the Texas A&M coach but lost out to Kentucky so they ended up with Pelphrey) John was kind of had a snobbish attitude about USF at that time, so I dont see USF going after him again. Burned bridge so he is out

Martin -  This guy is very intense. He got in a little trouble for shoving one of his players at Kansas State. Do you think USF wants to have another Leavitt situation on the basketball court?? For that reason, I say he is out.   

So those are names that you can just forget about coaching at USF. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,862
  • Days Won:  12

There is not much we can use to predict the choice. New AD, new job openings, new mentality. I actually WANT a change of candidate, last few hires haven't worked out well.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I can tell you right now that USF will not condiser the following coaches as there has either been burned down bridges or too much dirt attached. 

Bruce Pearl - Scum bag to many in colllege hoops. Sure he wins, but in the end he will have USF in NCAA violations. He had problems at just about every place he went. No way do the big time boosters let him get the USF job. He is out!!!

Anthony Grant -  He was a top candidate to take the job after Seth Greenberg left. He interviewed with LRS. He looked at our facilities at the time and he said Hell no!!!!  He opted for VCU later on instead. No way USF goes to him twice and take a chance of getting told no twice. Bridge has been burned down, so he is out

John Pelphrey -- Similar response to what Grant gave to USF. John was a top candidate to take over after McCullum was fired. He visited to USF campus and got a tour of the facilities at the time. And he said Hell No!!! Ended up getting the Ark job. It was poetic justice to see Heath make the tourney with USF after being fired from Ark ( Because they were trying to get the Texas A&M coach but lost out to Kentucky so they ended up with Pelphrey) John was kind of had a snobbish attitude about USF at that time, so I dont see USF going after him again. Burned bridge so he is out

Martin -  This guy is very intense. He got in a little trouble for shoving one of his players at Kansas State. Do you think USF wants to have another Leavitt situation on the basketball court?? For that reason, I say he is out.   

Pearl is NOT a scumbag.  He's a great MBB coach that made a minor error at UT and is redeemable in my opinion.  He is the only one you list that I think is worthy of redemption.  USF needs redemption as well, so it's a match made in............well, made in somewhere other than heaven.

There is not much we can use to predict the choice. New AD, new job openings, new mentality. I actually WANT a change of candidate, last few hires haven't worked out well.

Yes, I agree. But there is much we can do to elimate names such as Grant. I laugh at the local media bringing these candidates up that have already interviewed for the USF job in the past and it didnt go all that well for USF.  Brett McMurph was all over that and ripped USF for being turned down. That still hurts and USF wont lower themselves to go after Grant or Pelphrey again

Pearl is NOT a scumbag.  He's a great MBB coach that made a minor error at UT and is redeemable in my opinion.  He is the only one you list that I think is worthy of redemption.  USF needs redemption as well, so it's a match made in............well, made in somewhere other than heaven.

Why dont you ask the Univ of Illinois about Pearl when he was an assistant coach in the BIG TEN? I am sure they would laugh at you sticking up for him. Also ask Boston College. He is not to be trusted and he has burned a lot of bridges. And if the big time boosters would not give Huggins the time of day for an interview at USF, there is no way in hell that they will give Pearl a look.  Sorry. 

Why dont you ask the Univ of Illinois about Pearl when he was an assistant coach in the BIG TEN? I am sure they would laugh at you sticking up for him. Also ask Boston College. He is not to be trusted and he has burned a lot of bridges. And if the big time boosters would not give Huggins the time of day for an interview at USF, there is no way in hell that they will give Pearl a look.  Sorry. 

The violation that landed him in hot water, hosting five juniors with a group of senior recruits at a home barbecue during recruiting season is no longer a violation.  You make it sound like the guy was beating children and raping women.  You need to take a nap or something, you're way too cranky.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,862
  • Days Won:  12

I'm ready to win. That is all.

The violation that landed him in hot water, hosting five juniors with a group of senior recruits at a home barbecue during recruiting season is no longer a violation.  You make it sound like the guy was beating children and raping women.  You need to take a nap or something, you're way too cranky.

And you think USF will accept someone that has been in trouble with the NCAA right now?? You are lost!!! You must be new to USF cause you just dont know how USF works, Pearl makes Huggins look like a saint.

I'm ready to win. That is all.

I'm ready for a Bruce Pearl, 25W-9L average over first five years, kinda winning.  Not 16W-16L kind winning.  Pearl is definitely the one to get if he's gettable.

And you think USF will accept someone that has been in trouble with the NCAA right now?? You are lost!!! You must be new to USF cause you just dont know how USF works, Pearl makes Huggins look like a saint.

I graduated in 92 ****stick and you need to check yourself.  I tire of your toughguy nonsense, now run along before you really get my dander up.  Putz!