• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pearl, Grant, Pelphrey, Martin, etc.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

It's a new day. 

IMO, everything is in play right now.

But I believe USF will spend some money on this hire. USF boosters have put tons into investing in the facilites. Last thing they will want is another unproven assistant. They want a name coach, And there are plenty of named coaches out there besides Pearl. Plus USF has a hoops guy for the new AD so we are destined to get this right!!! 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Who’s next? Possible USF coaching candidates

Who’s next for South Florida men’s basketball?

Who will succeed Stan Heath as USF’s coach? Here are names that could draw consideration:

Ben Howland Former UCLA coach Grinding defensive style, three Final Fours and he’s available

Steve Masiello Manhattan coach NCAA bid upcoming for former UK player, Louisville assistant

Steve Neal New Mexico coach Replaced Steve Alford and has Mountain West’s Lobos at 24-6

Jeff Neubauer Eastern Ky. coach Colonels have four 20-win seasons on his watch

Bruce Pearl Former Tennessee coach Would be dynamic, bold choice, but Auburn is hot on his trail

John Pelphrey Florida assistant coach NCAA appearances with South Alabama, Arkansas

Donnie Tyndall Southern Miss coach 54-15 in two breakout seasons with Golden Eagles

Mike White La. Tech coach Dunedin native has taken ‘Dogs to new heights

Buzz Williams Marquette coach Ready for new challenge after going 139-65 in six seasons?

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/whos-next-possible-usf-coaching-candidates-20140314/

John Pelphrey is just a No No. I rather have Heath then him

Edited by Vega

Pearl is a rat, liar, scumbag. May have won a lot of games. But he just does not fit the USF way. And that is having good ethics. The boosters and Judy will never give him a chance. They will see where he lied to the NCAA. They will see when he tried to blackmail a recruit because he didnt sign with him. They will see that Tenn fired him after he committed more NCAA violations even after the BBQ incident. His ban ends this summer, so you can bet the Sorry Ethics Conference will bring him back because they dont really care.

Judy won't stop Harlan from hiring Pearl if that's who he wants. I highly doubts that Judy is willing to stand in the way of a Pearl hiring right now.

Edited by Vega

Who’s next? Possible USF coaching candidates

Who’s next for South Florida men’s basketball?

Who will succeed Stan Heath as USF’s coach? Here are names that could draw consideration:

Ben Howland Former UCLA coach Grinding defensive style, three Final Fours and he’s available

Steve Masiello Manhattan coach NCAA bid upcoming for former UK player, Louisville assistant

Steve Neal New Mexico coach Replaced Steve Alford and has Mountain West’s Lobos at 24-6

Jeff Neubauer Eastern Ky. coach Colonels have four 20-win seasons on his watch

Bruce Pearl Former Tennessee coach Would be dynamic, bold choice, but Auburn is hot on his trail

John Pelphrey Florida assistant coach NCAA appearances with South Alabama, Arkansas

Donnie Tyndall Southern Miss coach 54-15 in two breakout seasons with Golden Eagles

Mike White La. Tech coach Dunedin native has taken ‘Dogs to new heights

Buzz Williams Marquette coach Ready for new challenge after going 139-65 in six seasons?

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/whos-next-possible-usf-coaching-candidates-20140314/

John Pelphrey is just a No No. I rather have Heath then him

You see? I would be shocked if USF gave John Pelphrey another look. I am sure they remember the last time when the interviews didnt go so well.  Tyndall lost bad today against La Tech. We shall see if they get a bid to BIG DANCE. Buzz would be my choice, but I know that is a dream to get him away from Marq. He turned down other opportunites to leave Marq in the past. I think I have already said enough how I feel about Pearl. I just know the USF way will not give him a look. USF will have tons of candidates to choose from. Not sure how quick this hire will be because it has to be the best hire they can make.

Joey Johnston â€@JJohnstonTBO 

#USF MBK job is all the buzz out there in hoops land. Bigger names than I expected want to be involved. This will be interesting.

Like I have been saying, this is not just a good, but a GREAT BASKETBALL job, because the right head coach and staff can build a National Contender at South Florida and that's why coaches want a chance to do so. Even the ones that already have a job. USF was once a difficult place to win at, not anymore, which is why Heath was so disappointing. Coaches that turned USF down in the past aren't doing it now.

Edited by Vega

Pearl is a rat, liar, scumbag. May have won a lot of games. But he just does not fit the USF way. And that is having good ethics. The boosters and Judy will never give him a chance. They will see where he lied to the NCAA. They will see when he tried to blackmail a recruit because he didnt sign with him. They will see that Tenn fired him after he committed more NCAA violations even after the BBQ incident. His ban ends this summer, so you can bet the Sorry Ethics Conference will bring him back because they dont really care.

Judy won't stop Harlan from hiring Pearl if that's who he wants. I highly doubts that Judy is willing to stand in the way of a Pearl hiring right now.

It wont be all of Harlan's decision to hire. Boosters and Judy have to sign off on it. That is just how it works and how it has worked with Woolard. Judy gets the final sign off after she talkes with BOD / Boosters. Great system as they better not F this one up. With that said, you can count Pearl out. USF already had a snake oil salesmen in Seth Greenberg. No mas.

It wont be all of Harlan's decision to hire. Boosters and Judy have to sign off on it. That is just how it works and how it has worked with Woolard. Judy gets the final sign off after she talkes with BOD / Boosters. Great system as they better not F this one up. With that said, you can count Pearl out. USF already had a snake oil salesmen in Seth Greenberg. No mas.

I know Judy has to sign off on it and she will if Harlan wants Pearl. Harlan is the BOT guy and has their full support. He wants Pearl, he'll get Pearl whether Genshaft likes it or not. From what I understand, seats are still warm around that athletic department.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,930
  • Days Won:  12

I have a good feeling about this hire. I like whats being said.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,930
  • Days Won:  12

Guest PCBull14

Keep Pearl away. This team was/is being looked at for violations. Why in the world would we hire a coach who still has a show cause out on him? If this happens I would question the hire but would support it at the same time. I know contrary to my first sentence, but I think this A.D will end up being one of the best in the conference and we need to get as much out of him as we can.  This guy will not take lossing coming from an all around powerhouse athletics program like UCLA.

Prado your next. UCLA has outstanding Baseball. I have to believe with connections to such a strong program like that Harlan has to think he can bring in someone who can coach a hurricane around Prado.

USF is in for a new Era. Our last AD was not able to see the benefit of getting rid of bad coaches. This guy seems like the type of cat who is not afraid to say he made a mistake/bad hire and get them out before two much damage is done. Everyone is on the clock. USF will rise above with the right leader finally. After the renovations finished Doug should have been pushed out then.

We will get a good hire and will may pay them more then people think they are worth keep them here.   The guy is not scared to spend because he was a top leading in geting over 350 million in donations for UCLA. He is probably like "you want 3 million new basketball coach? Ok, I will have that fundraised back into the budget by next week. Deal!" :lmao:  Hey maybe now we will actually have a marketing department!!! :roflmao::iconic_u_black::GoBulls: