• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Pearl, Grant, Pelphrey, Martin, etc.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

Does anyone know if we hired Pearl if we could put a clause in his contract that states if he gets us in trouble with the NCAA he can be fired with cause thus we wouldn't have to pay him?

We will never hire Pearl! NEVER!!!!!!

Pearl would need to be Held_AccountaBull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR USF ETHICS!!! WAR THE USF WAY!!!!!! WAR JUDY AND THE BOOSTERS!!!!! WE LOVE IT!!!!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Pearl is a rat, liar, scumbag. May have won a lot of games. But he just does not fit the USF way. And that is having good ethics. The boosters and Judy will never give him a chance. They will see where he lied to the NCAA. They will see when he tried to blackmail a recruit because he didnt sign with him. They will see that Tenn fired him after he committed more NCAA violations even after the BBQ incident. His ban ends this summer, so you can bet the Sorry Ethics Conference will bring him back because they dont really care.

Judy won't stop Harlan from hiring Pearl if that's who he wants. I highly doubts that Judy is willing to stand in the way of a Pearl hiring right now.

Judy has proven it's time for her to step out of the way.

Cant tell the boosters to step out of the way. She meets with the BOT/Boosters. She will always be their mouth piece. Harlan will have a lot of say on who he wants to hire after all it is his neck on the line. But those boosters will need to be sold by Harlan on who USF will hire. It is the way the money works. USF does not want to get Kragtharped by the good ole buddy network. 

She has more power then the boosters.  Let's keep accountability in the right places.  She has only a very small place in the hiring process.  She should have basic guidleines for a coach - those in the interest of the University and then step out (No Sandusky, etc).   Boosters don't overrule an AD either, only a weak AD.  Hopefully we have a strong AD.  These boosters are just people.  Not boogeymen.  A strong AD can manage boosters.  We have to stop blaming everyone except the people in power.

Pearl is a rat, liar, scumbag. May have won a lot of games. But he just does not fit the USF way. And that is having good ethics. The boosters and Judy will never give him a chance. They will see where he lied to the NCAA. They will see when he tried to blackmail a recruit because he didnt sign with him. They will see that Tenn fired him after he committed more NCAA violations even after the BBQ incident. His ban ends this summer, so you can bet the Sorry Ethics Conference will bring him back because they dont really care.

Judy won't stop Harlan from hiring Pearl if that's who he wants. I highly doubts that Judy is willing to stand in the way of a Pearl hiring right now.

Cant tell the boosters to step out of the way. She meets with the BOT/Boosters. She will always be their mouth piece. Harlan will have a lot of say on who he wants to hire after all it is his neck on the line. But those boosters will need to be sold by Harlan on who USF will hire. It is the way the money works. USF does not want to get Kragtharped by the good ole buddy network. 

She has more power then the boosters.  Let's keep accountability in the right places.  She has only a very small place in the hiring process.  She should have basic guidleines for a coach - those in the interest of the University and then step out (No Sandusky, etc).   Boosters don't overrule an AD either, only a weak AD.  Hopefully we have a strong AD.  These boosters are just people.  Not boogeymen.  A strong AD can manage boosters.  We have to stop blaming everyone except the people in power.

Those boosters write the checks. You have it wrong if you think Judy will just ignore the big time boosters, The boosters are on the BOT. That BOT can fire the university president. Those boosters are tired of losing. Time to start winning. And Harlan will and better bring in some great candidates for those boosters to give finall approval. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Nobody seems to talking about Howland. Seems like a logical fit to me..worked with Harlan at UCLA and has made numerous final fours.

Nobody seems to talking about Howland. Seems like a logical fit to me..worked with Harlan at UCLA and has made numerous final fours.

That is a coach that I would love to see at USF too. I would love to see Buzz Williams, Ben Howland, a dream would be Tom Crean as I know that wont happen. I know CWT would love that though lol. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Cool thought maybe I missed something with How land (did he get fired by Harlan)?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Those boosters write the checks. You have it wrong if you think Judy will just ignore the big time boosters, The boosters are on the BOT. That BOT can fire the university president. Those boosters are tired of losing. Time to start winning. And Harlan will and better bring in some great candidates for those boosters to give finall approval. 

I don't think the BOT is going to toss out a President because she doesn't follow their command on a HC hiring.  If she has placed herself in such a vulnerable position, shame on her.  If what she says about how the University is advancing is true, the BOT is fine.  If it's true that I can go drop $5 million and control Judy Genshaft or fire her, maybe I'll up my donation.

Cool thought maybe I missed something with How land (did he get fired by Harlan)?

Harlan did not make that call. He was never THE AD at UCLA.  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

There is some major delusion in this thread, and some deluded people projecting their own thoughts on others. Very entertaining, but totally full of crap.

:popcorn:

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If you all aren't to busy there are some good games on CBS and ESPN today. Would not be surprised if our future HC is coaching one of these teams today