• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pearl, Grant, Pelphrey, Martin, etc.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

I would love to see Pearl here too, but I must agree that ethically he still carries too much baggage for USF to consider at this point in time.

But it would be great to be wrong!

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

I would love to see Pearl here too, but I must agree that ethically he still carries too much baggage for USF to consider at this point in time.

But it would be great to be wrong!

You are right!! He has too much baggage of scum. He may have won a lot of games, but USF will never lower themselves to hire someone like Pearl. 

Pearl is a rat, liar, scumbag. May have won a lot of games. But he just does not fit the USF way. And that is having good ethics. The boosters and Judy will never give him a chance. They will see where he lied to the NCAA. They will see when he tried to blackmail a recruit because he didnt sign with him. They will see that Tenn fired him after he committed more NCAA violations even after the BBQ incident. His ban ends this summer, so you can bet the Sorry Ethics Conference will bring him back because they dont really care.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Pearl is a rat, liar, scumbag. May have won a lot of games. But he just does not fit the USF way. And that is having good ethics. The boosters and Judy will never give him a chance. They will see where he lied to the NCAA. They will see when he tried to blackmail a recruit because he didnt sign with him. They will see that Tenn fired him after he committed more NCAA violations even after the BBQ incident. His ban ends this summer, so you can bet the Sorry Ethics Conference will bring him back because they dont really care.

^^ A coach's ethics is central to this University's hiring process.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Methinks your hatred of Pearl is over the top.  What'd he do, steal your ice cream when you were a kid?

Me also thinks you're talking crap about your inside knowledge of what Judy and some unnamed "boosters" will or will not do.

You don't KNOW nothin'

The ones who know ain't talkin and the one's who talkin ain't knowin.

You come on all strong, so Put up or Shut up. Give us a link to something Judy or a "booster" has publicly said about Pearl.

Methinks your hatred of Pearl is over the top.  What'd he do, steal your ice cream when you were a kid?

Me also thinks you're talking crap about your inside knowledge of what Judy and some unnamed "boosters" will or will not do.

You don't KNOW nothin'

You come on all strong, so Put up or Shut up. Give us a link to something Judy or a "booster" has publicly said about Pearl.

Just go back an look at the track record on who and what type of person USF hires. Did they give Huggins a look when he was available? Nope  Did they give Petrino a look when he was available? Nope. USF will not dig out coaches that have been in trouble off or on the field. Especially with the NCAA. When big time booster Mike Charles - CGM Services was asked about the Huggins to USF rumors. He shot that down and said that is not the USF way. He went on to say that hiring a coach with bad ethics like Huggins would go against everything they believe in. So yes, USF will not hire types like Pearl. I am sorry but that is the reality of it. I been around the USF program for quite some time so I know how it works here. If you dont believe me ask one of the big time boosters. I happen to work for a big time booster for USF and I hear and see a lot that goes on.  

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Collin Sherwin â€@USFCollin 

I know a lot of that sounds crazy, but the rumor is USF is going to be not afraid to spend a lot of $$ here.

Splashy names I’ve heard so far: Buzz Williams, Andy Kennedy, Ben Howland, Frank Martin. Not even kidding. People think USF going big here

Edited by Vega

You don't KNOW nothin'

And to add to this. Do I know who USF will look at? Nope!!! But I do know they wont look at Pearl. That is just not the USF way. 

Collin Sherwin â€@USFCollin 

I know a lot of that sounds crazy, but the rumor is USF is going to be not afraid to spend a lot of $$ here.

Splashy names I’ve heard so far: Buzz Williams, Andy Kennedy, Ben Howland, Frank Martin. Not even kidding. People think USF going big here

Yes, I believe more in those names then Pearl.  Would love to have Buzz at USF. But that is a dream. Martin would shock me as he is just too intense for USF. He is Leavitt on the hardwood and Judy wont want that again. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It's a new day. 

IMO, everything is in play right now.