• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"It's Easier Now" - Aresco

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Always go with the better home schedule.

Agree, Texas at home would draw  a larger crowd. 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Why would they expand and lose $ per school. Networks are not going to pay more just because teams (none who are attractive enough to increase payouts). In terms of the championship game, it makes more sense to wait and see if it is an issue first. Unless it is mandated that a championship game is needed, the Big XII would be foolish to add teams. They will wait and see if it is an issue first.

Among the factors that the committee will weigh are strength of schedule, conference championships, team records, and head-to-head results,plus other considerations such as injuries and weather.

Obviously it isn't the only factor, but I'm guessing it will be weighed heavily.

I think they mean whether you won your conference...not a conference championship game.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Slick: "Turning tail,and running is how USF got to where it's at now. I am still waiting to see a program that's left the Big East truly succeed too. It seems that more money doesn't mean more success. Going back to when BC, VT and UM left, have they done so much better than when in the Big East? What about WVU or Pitt?"

Whether it equals success or not, more money still wins out.

Wins out on what? A good friend is a WVU fan and he hates that they are in the Big 12. Hard to get to away games, no rivalries in conference. So who wins? The fans? Don't think so. The bottom line? Maybe but the bottom line has no heart. Fans do.

I would rather we stay in the AAC than switch to the Big 12. Does that mean I wouldn't try to get to the away games? No, but East Carolina and Tulane are easier for me to get to than most of the Big 12 teams. Tulsa not so much so this isn't perfect. But once we get into Divsion play in 2015 we'll have a better idea if Tulsa would be an every two year deal.

You would RATHER be in the AAC than the B12? REALLY?

He's not alone. I would too.

Of course, I'd rather be in the ACC than either, but if I had my druthers (and money was more or less equal) my conference preference would be

1. ACC

2. SEC

3. AAC

4. B10

5. B12

6. anybody else.

That makes no sense because the money IS NOT EQUAL. It's $20 million more per team in the Big12. If it were equal and access to bowl games was equal we would all rather stay in the AAC because the teams are crappier and we could win easier.

SIGH...

If the B12 invites us, we go. Everybody knows that. But the ONLY reason we go is for the money. Everybody knows that too.

It's a lose-lose situation.

We stay in the AAC, we get no money, we jump to the B12 we get no decent travel cities. And probably very few victories in the next 15 years. Finishing 10th in the B12 is not high on my bucket list.

We DON'T BELONG in the B12. The schools aren't similar, we have no natural rivals, the cities aren't similar, they're all small, rural, far away land-grant-college towns. That's not us.

We DO BELONG in a conference like the AAC (or the Metro, or CUSA, etc)- urban, modern, progressive, up-and-coming schools in big cities with (relatively) easy drives for the fans. And if we run the table, which we should have a shot at every year, then we will be in consideration for New Year's bowls and playoffs.

So, for the 99th time, yes the AAC is a better conference for us than the B12, IFFFFFFF we can somehow equalize the monetary payout.

Got it?

I'll take 10th place, playing Oklahoma and Texas, and a fistful of cash over 10th place, SMU and Tulsa, chump change and ESPN3.

I guess I'm in the minority.

You're cherry-picking the best of the B12 v. the worst of the AAC.

Let's talk about Waco, Lubbock, Manahattan, Ames, Stillwater, etc. v. Nawlins, Memphis, Orlando, Annapolis/DC, Philly, UConn/NYC, etc.

Plus, 10th place in the B12 is being generous. We'd likely be worse. We should consistently be in the top 5 of the AAC in every sport, winning at least one championship every year.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Agree, Texas at home would draw  a larger crowd.

Oh yes, I am very much looking forward to the whine festivals on this board when we are consistently outnumbered by the opposing team's fans while losing 45-3 every week.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Slick: "Turning tail,and running is how USF got to where it's at now. I am still waiting to see a program that's left the Big East truly succeed too. It seems that more money doesn't mean more success. Going back to when BC, VT and UM left, have they done so much better than when in the Big East? What about WVU or Pitt?"

Whether it equals success or not, more money still wins out.
Wins out on what? A good friend is a WVU fan and he hates that they are in the Big 12. Hard to get to away games, no rivalries in conference. So who wins? The fans? Don't think so. The bottom line? Maybe but the bottom line has no heart. Fans do.

I would rather we stay in the AAC than switch to the Big 12. Does that mean I wouldn't try to get to the away games? No, but East Carolina and Tulane are easier for me to get to than most of the Big 12 teams. Tulsa not so much so this isn't perfect. But once we get into Divsion play in 2015 we'll have a better idea if Tulsa would be an every two year deal.

You would RATHER be in the AAC than the B12? REALLY?

He's not alone. I would too.

Of course, I'd rather be in the ACC than either, but if I had my druthers (and money was more or less equal) my conference preference would be

1. ACC

2. SEC

3. AAC

4. B10

5. B12

6. anybody else.

That makes no sense because the money IS NOT EQUAL. It's $20 million more per team in the Big12. If it were equal and access to bowl games was equal we would all rather stay in the AAC because the teams are crappier and we could win easier.
SIGH...

If the B12 invites us, we go. Everybody knows that. But the ONLY reason we go is for the money. Everybody knows that too.

It's a lose-lose situation.

We stay in the AAC, we get no money, we jump to the B12 we get no decent travel cities. And probably very few victories in the next 15 years. Finishing 10th in the B12 is not high on my bucket list.

We DON'T BELONG in the B12. The schools aren't similar, we have no natural rivals, the cities aren't similar, they're all small, rural, far away land-grant-college towns. That's not us.

We DO BELONG in a conference like the AAC (or the Metro, or CUSA, etc)- urban, modern, progressive, up-and-coming schools in big cities with (relatively) easy drives for the fans. And if we run the table, which we should have a shot at every year, then we will be in consideration for New Year's bowls and playoffs.

So, for the 99th time, yes the AAC is a better conference for us than the B12, IFFFFFFF we can somehow equalize the monetary payout.

Got it?

I'll take 10th place, playing Oklahoma and Texas, and a fistful of cash over 10th place, SMU and Tulsa, chump change and ESPN3.

I guess I'm in the minority.

You're cherry-picking the best of the B12 v. the worst of the AAC.

Let's talk about Waco, Lubbock, Manahattan, Ames, Stillwater, etc. v. Nawlins, Memphis, Orlando, Annapolis/DC, Philly, UConn/NYC, etc.

Plus, 10th place in the B12 is being generous. We'd likely be worse. We should consistently be in the top 5 of the AAC in every sport, winning at least one championship every year.

We should have been doing the same thing in the BE. Our history says we're a speed bump in 9/10 sports. I bet Iowa State is more than happy getting smoked at $26 million a year vs. our doing the same for $2 million. Also, I typically don't go to away games for the city, Tulane will be the exception to that. But normally, I fly in on Friday, go to a local place for dinner, have a few drinks, go to bed. Hit the game in the morning, then the local places again for dinner. Fly out Sunday. With my itinerary, Lubbock, Mahattan, Stillwater all work just fine.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Exactly. Other than the 20 people on this board that travel to away games, nobody gives a crap where they are / what size cities they are.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

So, just so I understand, it's ok to go 2-10 year after year, being outnumbered in our stadium, and traveling to Podunk, USA for the money?

No thanks.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Why would they expand and lose $ per school. Networks are not going to pay more just because teams (none who are attractive enough to increase payouts). In terms of the championship game, it makes more sense to wait and see if it is an issue first. Unless it is mandated that a championship game is needed, the Big XII would be foolish to add teams. They will wait and see if it is an issue first.

Among the factors that the committee will weigh are strength of schedule, conference championships, team records, and head-to-head results,plus other considerations such as injuries and weather.

Obviously it isn't the only factor, but I'm guessing it will be weighed heavily.

I think they mean whether you won your conference...not a conference championship game.

Members of the committee have often mentioned conference championship game as part of the criteria.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So, just so I understand, it's ok to go 2-10 year after year, being outnumbered in our stadium, and traveling to Podunk, USA for the money?

No thanks.

Would you rather get punched in the nuts for $100 or just punched in the nuts? Because it's happening either way.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Members of the committee have often mentioned conference championship game as part of the criteria.

Source? Link?