• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"It's Easier Now" - Aresco

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Slick: "Turning tail,and running is how USF got to where it's at now. I am still waiting to see a program that's left the Big East truly succeed too. It seems that more money doesn't mean more success. Going back to when BC, VT and UM left, have they done so much better than when in the Big East? What about WVU or Pitt?"

Whether it equals success or not, more money still wins out.

Wins out on what?  A good friend is a WVU fan and he hates that they are in the Big 12.  Hard to get to away games, no rivalries in conference.  So who wins?  The fans?  Don't think so.  The bottom line? Maybe but the bottom line has no heart.  Fans do. 

I would rather we stay in the AAC than switch to the Big 12.  Does that mean I wouldn't try to get to the away games?  No, but East Carolina and Tulane are easier for me to get to than most of the Big 12 teams.  Tulsa not so much so this isn't perfect.  But once we get into Divsion play in 2015 we'll have a better idea if Tulsa would be an every two year deal.

You would RATHER be in the AAC than the B12? REALLY?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Slick: "Turning tail,and running is how USF got to where it's at now. I am still waiting to see a program that's left the Big East truly succeed too. It seems that more money doesn't mean more success. Going back to when BC, VT and UM left, have they done so much better than when in the Big East? What about WVU or Pitt?"

Wins out on what?  A good friend is a WVU fan and he hates that they are in the Big 12.  Hard to get to away games, no rivalries in conference.  So who wins?  The fans?  Don't think so.  The bottom line? Maybe but the bottom line has no heart.  Fans do. 

I think it was made pretty evident in the last few years that it's not about fans, it's about making as much money as possible.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I would rather we stay in the AAC than switch to the Big 12.  Does that mean I wouldn't try to get to the away games?  No, but East Carolina and Tulane are easier for me to get to than most of the Big 12 teams.  Tulsa not so much so this isn't perfect.  But once we get into Divsion play in 2015 we'll have a better idea if Tulsa would be an every two year deal.

You would RATHER be in the AAC than the B12? REALLY?

He's not alone. I would too.

Of course, I'd rather be in the ACC than either, but if I had my druthers (and money was more or less equal) my conference preference would be

1. ACC

2. SEC

3. AAC

4. B10

5. B12

6. anybody else.

Edited by charsibb

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Big 12 14 or 16 trumps AAC every minute of every day.

It is easier now for Aresco.  He has a conference, what was left to him.  If everyone in it, except Cincinnati, remains complacent and satisfied being on the outside - easiness will continue.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Very few, if any, of the AAC schools are being complacent.  They are all working to move up, and eventually there will be room.

Cincy and ECU are the only ones stupid enough to make their efforts public.

You must be on the inside.

I am sure many of them feel they are in a better place than they were a year ago and would tend to be more complacent because of that and exit fees among other barriers to exit.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I am sure many of them feel they are in a better place than they were a year ago and would tend to be more complacent because of that and exit fees among other barriers to exit.

I'm sure you know everything that is going on and who is being "complacent".  Pretty impressive being in all those meetings while living in 'Zona.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Big 12 14 or 16 trumps AAC every minute of every day.

Oh yeah, I'm really looking forward to road trips to the rural townships of Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Yowza!

There's no comparison in terms of destination cities.

AAC >>>>> B12

The only B12 city worth seeing is Austin. Not to mention the insane driving times for most of our fans.

Ames, Iowa    59,042

Austin, Texas    820,611

Fort Worth, Texas    758,738

Lawrence, Kansas    88,727

Lubbock, Texas    233,740

Manhattan, Kansas    52,281

Morgantown, West Virginia    30,293

Norman, Oklahoma    113,273

Stillwater, Oklahoma    46,048

Waco, Texas    126,697

Annapolis, Maryland    38,394

Cincinnati, Ohio    296,223

Dallas, Texas    1,197,816

Greenville, North Carolina    86,017

Houston, Texas    2,099,451

Memphis, Tennessee    662,897

New Orleans, Louisiana    360,740

Orlando, Florida    249,562

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania    1,526,006

Storrs, Connecticut    15,344

Tampa, Florida    335,709

Tulsa, Oklahoma    396,466

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_12_Conference

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Athletic_Conference

Edited by charsibb

I'm sure you know everything that is going on and who is being "complacent".  Pretty impressive being in all those meetings while living in 'Zona.

Well I did say "if" whereas you said "They were all working to move up".

My comment was speculation, yours seemed to be something more factual.  I guess not.