• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I can't believe this class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Jason Pierre Paul â€@UDWJPP 3h

Congrats to Coach T, Coach Woodie,+all the USF coaches on a great recruiting job. Good luck to D'ernest, Jimmy B,+all the 2014 USF Bulls!

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I still believe White is going to be a very good QB.

If I was betting, I'd say White will win the competition and maybe we can RS Flowers, but if the kid can throw worth a darn it'll be hard to keep him off the field. A dual-threat QB with 4.4 quickness and great mobility would add a nice dimension to our running game.

For us fans sake I hope White wins the job, unless Flowers turns out to be the next Johnny Football.

First, because White will have a much better grasp of the offense. All we heard out of CWT the entire year about the poor QB play was they are still learning the offense, still learning, still learning, etc. If the offense is truly that hard to learn that some of the guys last year couldn't learn it from Spring practice, and the entire season the chances of anyone coming in and getting it is slim to none.Another year of a Freshman QB and "He's still learning the offense" in every post game conference will put me over the deep end.

Secondly, Flowers looks like one heck of an athlete but how in the world do you utilize his speed in the offense we ran last year? Unless Taggart has some hidden/special entirely separate playbook he can implement for a QB like that I just don't see a true Dual Threat QB flourishing with his legs in this offense, but that's just me. 

Anyways, it's an amazing recruiting class by CWT and co. considering the state of our program. Stars and rankings usually don't mean a whole lot but he's definitely pumping talent into the program. Hope they develop into what we all hope they can be.

With Flowers, he  can now open the play book to the page that reads "bootleg left" or "bootleg right"

That play could definitely work, once or twice... I'm sure Taggart has some more plays than that where he could put Flowers in a position to run. Unless we see more of a 49er type offense I just don't see a QB with legs being that big of a threat the entire game. Maybe on a play or 2 but.

If we get improved OL, WR, and RB play, along with competent passing, we should theoretically only need a few QB runs a game (a couple called, and a couple scrambles on broken plays).  It's not a binary thing.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Ridiculously good haul by Taggart. The entire AAC has 2 four stars both of which are going to USF, and 83 3 stars of which USF has 22.  For a little perspective he was able to outrecruit 21 P5 conference teams, and brought in the best non-P5 recruiting class.  On top of all of that, Taggart just outrecruited every one of Skip Holtzes recruiting classes that he ever had, without the automatic BCS entry.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Greatest class ever. - TBP Feb 5, 2014

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

That play could definitely work, once or twice... I'm sure Taggart has some more plays than that where he could put Flowers in a position to run. Unless we see more of a 49er type offense I just don't see a QB with legs being that big of a threat the entire game. Maybe on a play or 2 but.

It also helps to have an athletic QB when the OL breaks down... like every other offensive snap.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

Very impressive class, good luck.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Not bad at all...  Now #dosomethingonthefield

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

Yeah, I just heard Taggs on 99.3 here in SW Florida, he says all the right things, it is easy to see why he draws recruits. Now he needs to get them to play together, but these guys, especially the SW Florida recruits, they can flat out play. I think this this class will make USF competitive...very competitive.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If cwt can show next years recruits improvement then hopefully he should get a even better class next year.

I would love to see usf turn into the Boise state of the south...then maybe we can make a jump into a better conference.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

If cwt can show next years recruits improvement then hopefully he should get a even better class next year.

I would love to see usf turn into the Stanford  of the south...then maybe we can make a jump into a better conference.

FIFY